Hello from North Carolina
-
Devildog
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:36 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Brian and I am from North Carolina. I use to have a German Shepherd until he passed from old age in the fall of 2010. He was the best dog that I had ever had. To be honest I have never even heard of a Dutch Shepherd until a few months ago. I want on for my family and I am trying to learn as much about them as possible.
Hello from North Carolina
Hello people, my name is Brian and I am from the Greensboro area. I am trying to find out as much information on Dutch Shepherd's as possible. I use to have a German Shepherd until he passed of old age. I want a Dutch for me and my family. I live out in the country and it's kind of secluded. I have a two and half year old little girl so I want a good protector and companion. It gets so hot here that I was considering a Doberman but I like the Dutch Shepherds.
- felixone123
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.
- Location: Fishkill, NY
Re: Hello from North Carolina
welcome!! you've come to the best place to find out about DS.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Welcome!
(Christie or Judith will be asking you to create a signature in the control panel.)
(Christie or Judith will be asking you to create a signature in the control panel.)
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Olie
- Green Dog
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Welcome!
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)

-
CaroleBoaz
- Training Dog
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:52 am
- Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.
- Contact:
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Welcome!
I know a bunch of people in NC with long hair DS, so it can't be too hot for them.
I know a bunch of people in NC with long hair DS, so it can't be too hot for them.
- vneerland
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
- Tell us about yourself: *
- Location: Tex@s
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Welcome Brian from Greensboro. I hope you find the info you are looking for, but I think you came to the right place.
And not to disappoint Alspyce
...would you mind creating a signature line in your profile so we can actually remember who is who? 
And not to disappoint Alspyce
Judith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds 
- Marjolein
- Working Dog
- Posts: 2078
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
- Location: Warbeyen, Germany
- Contact:
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Welcome!!! I think the heat is a personal preference, Thalie just loves it, she will sleep in the hot sun all day, but Sadie wants to come in.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




-
leih merigian
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1960
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.
Re: Hello from North Carolina
Hey, Brian!
You do know that there is a HUGE difference between a DS and a Doberman, right?
What's leading you to like the idea of a DS, besides the protective aspects?
You do know that there is a HUGE difference between a DS and a Doberman, right?
What's leading you to like the idea of a DS, besides the protective aspects?
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...


Facebook page.