Page 1 of 1

Sonya

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm
by WorkingK9
OK.. I was asked to post more pics of our hero. 11 yr old retired Homeland Security EDD Dutch Shepherd
Sonya
ImageImage
Image
ImageCuddling with Dad
Image
ImageSonya and Bre
ImageSonya and K
ImageSonya and K
ImageSonya, Bre, K

Need to get the pic from Mom, Sonya has never had bones before and she is finally realizing what a wonderful thing they are :) at first she didn't know what to do with them, now she will go find one and lay down and chew :)

She is still very much a working dog, and doesnt shut off unless in her crate, but with time she will come to understand she is retired and not going anywhere and neither are we :), she is starting to relax a little loose in the house, but for the most part is pacing between me, mom, dad and the door...wants to make sure no one leaves with out her..

Re: Sonya

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm
by Dutchringgirl
What a beautiful bunch!!!

Re: Sonya

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm
by CaroleBoaz
She looks so happy to be there!

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:08 am
by vneerland
8-) That face SO says "Arras Pegge" to me! I don't think she could be his daughter. He died...Lord, when was it? 2003? And had not been bred for several years prior to his passing. But she still could be related.
Thanks for giving an old girl a loving home. I don't understand why she needed rescuing. Who could desert this? :o

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 am
by felixone123
Thank you for posting those wonderful pics!! She sure is pretty and next to K and Bre you can tell how much wisdom she has.

What does EED mean?

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:59 am
by vneerland
EDD. Explosives Detection Dog. ;)

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 am
by WorkingK9
vneerland wrote:8-) That face SO says "Arras Pegge" to me! I don't think she could be his daughter. He died...Lord, when was it? 2003? And had not been bred for several years prior to his passing. But she still could be related.
Thanks for giving an old girl a loving home. I don't understand why she needed rescuing. Who could desert this? :o

Well she was supposedly imported from Germany and was born 29 May 2001
now the vet whom had her (and had been her vet the entire time in the states) contacted Malinois Rescue first, so she might have been imported as a brindle malinois. I do not have any papers, but have tried to find anything I could on her LOL no luck so far.. :(

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:54 am
by vneerland
WorkingK9 wrote:Well she was supposedly imported from Germany and was born 29 May 2001
now the vet whom had her (and had been her vet the entire time in the states) contacted Malinois Rescue first, so she might have been imported as a brindle malinois. I do not have any papers, but have tried to find anything I could on her LOL no luck so far.. :(
Arras had been in Holland until 1996 and was very popular due to his wild hard hits. His sons/daughters could well have produced a litter that produced your Sonja. Of course, there is no such a thing as a brindle malinois, but most vet's computers do not have a choice for "Dutch Shepherd, certainly not about 10 years ago, so either the vaccination book that came over with the dog would have said 'malinois' or she was just entered as malinois in the vets system.
You may not find out who she is, but take my word for it, there is a very strong Arras resemblance and since he graced my living room floor for a couple of years, I'd say I can tell. ;)

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 am
by WorkingK9
Yes I am totally aware there is no Brindle Malinois, and yes most vets even now a days dont have that listed, K is listed as a Malinois :( I had two choices, Malinois or Shepherd Mix.

I did look for protegy of Arras, found one born 21 May 2001 :)
I know I will probably never find anything, but keep looking just in case an article was ever done on her
I am an investigator, its what I do :)

thanks for the info on Arras

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 pm
by vneerland
WorkingK9 wrote:I did look for protegy of Arras, found one born 21 May 2001 :)
I have doubts about that DOB being accurate if the dog is really listed as direct offspring. :oops:
If Sonya was imported, it would not have been direct offspring though, but possibly still related.

The reason for my "arras" remark:

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:09 pm
by k9katet
Thanks for posting the pics and thanks for adopting her and giving her an awesome retirement home. So glad to here that things worked out for her!

Re: Sonya

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:19 pm
by WorkingK9
She def looks alot like him. The dog I found born 21 May 2001 Arres was his mothers, mothers, father, so a great grandsire? I just love investigating.. love her no matter where she came from :) and she is starting to realize we arent going anywhere and neither is she :)

Re: Sonya

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm
by GSDNanny
Wow, striking resemblance. I find it intriguing the search for her lineage so keep us posted on what you find.

Re: Sonya

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm
by Marjolein
ooh nice, I love digging in lineage to! Love to hear if you find out more, meanwhile, enjoy the nice dog :D

Re: Sonya

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm
by Christie M
I'm so glad you decided to keep her Kim. I have been fostering Java forever it seems and finally decided to take her off of the market. She is comfortable here, is great with everyone (except the cats) and just deserves to be stable for once in her poor life! Gotta love the seniors.

Re: Sonya

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 pm
by Olie
Never had bones?! Poor girl! :(

Beatiful lady!

Re: Sonya

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm
by vneerland
Christie M wrote:I'm so glad you decided to keep her Kim. I have been fostering Java forever it seems and finally decided to take her off of the market. She is comfortable here, is great with everyone (except the cats) and just deserves to be stable for once in her poor life! Gotta love the seniors.
Tell us about Java Christie! (and you too, thank you for taking care of rescues and old dogs) :wtg:

Re: Sonya

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 am
by Dutchringgirl
Java??? Pictures!!