Page 1 of 1

From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 pm
by animal
Good Afternoon Everyone!
My name is Zach.
I'm the proud handler of two Dutchies.

Raven - 2.5 yrs
Rook - 8 mo

Both are rehome/rescue and both love to work.
Image

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 am
by leih merigian
Welcome Zach and two DSs!

What kind of handling do you do?

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 am
by felixone123
welcome!! nice looking Dutchies.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:49 am
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome!, very cute!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 pm
by Christie M
Welcome to the forum.
I love that picture. They are beautiful dogs.

In what venue do you "work" your dogs?

If you have a second, if you could visit the User Control Panel and create a signature for yourself, including your name it would be appreciated.

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:59 pm
by animal
Thanks for the welcome wagon!

I'm not officially committed to SAR yet. In the daytime, I work as an IT Director and Graphic Design Artist. My second job is where I live, the Little Egypt Woodmen Camp on the West Frankfort, IL City Lake. I manage and maintain the grounds and rental of the facilities.

Last Saturday was my first extensive training session with Raven in cadaver search. She does elevated finds great and even got her first submerged find.

Rook is, well, the rookie lol. He has basic obedience and came along to start learning the ropes. He bark signaled on several finds with Raven and is picking up the idea fast.

All of my experience in dogs was 10 years of raising and basic obedience training of Siberian Huskies. Dutchies listen SOOOOOOO much better!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome and nice dogs! Dutchies are soooo smart!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm
by k9katet
Great picture - they look like they could be related!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome! And bless your sweet heart for previously training Huskies. Geez, my hat is off to you on that. The rescue Huskies I had through my home, well...what can I say. You've made an about face turn in the right direction as the DS is probably one of the most versatile of dog breeds and they make their trainers look smart!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!

Re: From Southern Illinois!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 pm
by Olie
Welcome! Great dogs!