Page 1 of 1

Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am
by leih merigian
My pup is two years old today! I can hardly believe it.

I decided to give her her first cornish game hen for her birthday dinner...

Waiting to be released to eat...
Image

Hmmm...what is this new thing?
Image

Guess I'll start on this leg here...
Image

I should'a got a few more pics as she polished it off, but I was busy cooking dinner and moved on with other things.

She is so good about eating RMBs...she keeps them on this vinyl mat thing (yet another use of her "rug" cue, this version is "keep it on the rug" :mrgreen: ), and she carefully crunches up everything. She never tries to swallow anything that's too large; just a very tidy eater. I love it.

Many happy more, little monkey!!!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:42 am
by felixone123
:box: :party1: Happy Birthday Geyser!!

Looks like you had something better than a cake :lol:

You sure are pretty!! I think your mommy should post more pics of you.

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 am
by Dutchringgirl
Happy Birthday!!!!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm
by alexis
Happy birthday! She looks excited about her present!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm
by alexis
oops, double post!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:29 pm
by alspyce
Happy Birthday!! 2 years goes by fast when your not looking, doesn't it?

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm
by Sugars Mom
Happy Birthday!

:party1: :party2: :party3:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:16 am
by leih merigian
Geyser said to tell all'a y'all thanks for the well wishes!!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:37 am
by CaroleBoaz
Happy Birthday!

What a lucky girl, and a beautiful smile. :D

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:08 pm
by Marjolein
wa, too late for the party :( But happy (late) birthday Geyser!! That chick sure looks tasty :player:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 am
by vneerland
Me too. Way too late, but we're the first ones for next year, Marjolein? ;)
Happy Bday G. :party2:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 am
by leih merigian
While Geyser can tell what time it is (morning training/play/hiking time, rest/nap time, afternoon play time, not to mention dinner time :mrgreen: ). she's totally not good with annual events, so she's still happy to get well wishes :wtg:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:46 pm
by Lauren
Well Wishes it is! I absolutely love that big grin on her face! I would love to know how you trained her to keep the food on the mat. As it is, I have to take all of mine outside for their meals! :eew:

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 am
by leih merigian
Lauren wrote:Well Wishes it is! I absolutely love that big grin on her face! I would love to know how you trained her to keep the food on the mat. As it is, I have to take all of mine outside for their meals! :eew:
From the time she was a baby puppy, whenever she gets a bully stick or any kind of treat that big and potentially messy, it's always been "keep it on your rug," and when it slips off or is moved off the rug, replace it, repeating the phrase. Over and over and over and ....you get the picture :D . This is her fleece rug in the front room, which she gets a treat on at nite while we're watching TV. It helps a lot when they're babies that their whole body fits into the middle of the adult-sized rug :mrgreen: .

But, she got the concept pretty quickly, and then I just transferred it to the kitchen mat, which I also call a rug to her. When I replace it, I'll get a color she can actually perceive, like blue or yellow (they don't see red, but that's what I had in stock :lol: ).

She doesn't do so well with eggs on this rug, tho, so I give those to her outdoors on the grass. I can just give it to her at the door and send her out...she knows where to go and what to do with it :mrgreen: . Not sure why she doesn't get it for eggs...maybe she just gets too darn excited (she really, really loves eggs).

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 am
by k9katet
Happy birthday Geyser! I can't believe they are 2 already!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm
by leih merigian
k9katet wrote:Happy birthday Geyser! I can't believe they are 2 already!
I know! Happy Birthday to her sister, Letty!!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm
by k9katet
Here's Letty's birthday pic that I posted on Facebook. No time for hats or sashes this year. I don't think she minded though. She did get to go in to socialize and get really yummy cookies from the doggy chiropractor after Copper's appointment.
551615_3490479376816_898632657_n.jpg
551615_3490479376816_898632657_n.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 4048 times

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm
by alspyce
Beautiful!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm
by felixone123
wow - sistas!! Happpy Birthday to you too Letty!!

Re: Happy Birthday Geyser!

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm
by k9katet
It's fun seeing their similarities and differences as they grow up. Having had mixed breeds before my Dutch Shepherds I have really enjoyed my relationship with their breeder and with being able to see all of my dogs relatives and what they are up to and making friends with some of their owners.