Page 1 of 1
Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:18 am
by 7ate9
Hey, I've been creeping on the forum for a little bit now... Figured I'd join haha I don't own a Dutch Shepherd at the moment, or any dog for that matter... But, when my wife and I get a house (hopefully by fall) we'll be looking at getting one. Between the two of us we've had a couple GSDs, A handful of Labs, a few mix breeds and pound dogs. I stumbled across the Dutch Shepherd breed a while back and was just fascinated by them. So We're thinking that's what we want for our next pup.
-Devin-
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 am
by leih merigian
Welcome, Deven!
What are your plans for your future DS?
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 am
by 7ate9
We're gonna be looking for a family protection pet, someone to keep my wife feeling safe when I'm not around. I run an antique auto restoration shop which will be right next to our future house. So he'll be joining me at work most days to keep an eye on things.. We're fairly active, the dog will go for a daily jog and have plenty of time set aside for playing and training to keep his body and mind exercised. We might also start trying to have a baby this winter. As far as I can tell there shouldn't be any problems having a DS around a baby/young child, hopefully I'm not mistaken?
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 am
by Olie
Welcome!!
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm
by alspyce
Welcome! Hope your plans come together---check out the DS rescues when you're ready----can't help with the looking for a baby thing, you may have to make your own.

Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm
by felixone123
welcome!! someone else on here is from Maine too - maybe you guys are neighbors?
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:16 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome!
Couple of things I would mention; I personally would not recommend having a puppy and baby at same time. WAY to much work!!! (Did it, and wish I didn't!!) Both need constant attention. If you get a puppy, I would suggest waiting til it grows up some before having a baby. Or other way around.
We also have a home based biz and its been a lot of work to get my dog to not bark at customers as they come, (actually, still a work in progress). Not saying it can't be done, just saying its a lot of work.
So good luck, best dogs ever, but a lot of work and commitment!!
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 am
by 7ate9
chris- from what I've geard making it is the fun part anyways...
Barbera- we're all neighbors up here in Maine..
Sue- Thanks for the advice!
Re: Hello from Maine!
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:43 am
by Christie M
Hi there. Welcome to the forum.
I love your login! Very original.
If you can take a moment, can you please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Keeps you from having to sign every post.