Hello all, I'm new to this breed and would love to learn more about them as well as (hopefully soon) add one to my family. I've always had German Shepherds but after my last one passed this breed drew me in. Suggestions are always welcome and I look forward to getting my own Dutch Shepherd.
Michele M.
Hello from Oklahoma
-
mmarsh
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Love the breed and think I'm close to "ready" to get one. I just want to continue learning more about them until, and after, I get my own. Always have German Shepherds & Belgian Malinois, but have found a great interest in the Dutch Shepherds. Any advice, or recommendations are welcomed!
Hello from Oklahoma
Michele M.
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
Welcome Michele !! You will love how much less DS shed !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
Welcome!!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
- Christie M
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum.
You will find many of the most knowledgeable Dutch Shepherd folks on here! Please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Thank you don't have to sign all of your posts, but we'll still know who you are
You can also upload a picture as an avatar if you would like.
Welcome again! Feel free to ask questions and everyone here LOVES pictures!
You will find many of the most knowledgeable Dutch Shepherd folks on here! Please take a moment and visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. Thank you don't have to sign all of your posts, but we'll still know who you are
Welcome again! Feel free to ask questions and everyone here LOVES pictures!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com
Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
-
Drizlaru
- Green Dog
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:28 am
- Tell us about yourself: Motivated sport dog trainer.
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
Welcome! Just as a forwarning, DS owners are a little crazy , kind of like their dogs.
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to send anyone to grief counseling, or a mental trauma hospital. The information in this post is intended for "informational purposes only", and is a product of my own opinion.
Ben MacDonald
Ben MacDonald
-
mmarsh
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 am
- Tell us about yourself: Love the breed and think I'm close to "ready" to get one. I just want to continue learning more about them until, and after, I get my own. Always have German Shepherds & Belgian Malinois, but have found a great interest in the Dutch Shepherds. Any advice, or recommendations are welcomed!
-
Sugars Mom
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1734
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am
- Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.
Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!
I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences. - Location: Victoria BC


Facebook page.