Page 1 of 2

Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm
by felixone123
Here is the newest member of our family - Kai (orig Kane) He is one of the 5 that was seized in WV. We were only his foster parents. However, the orig adoption did not work out and now we are his forever parents :yernuts: We were NOT looking for another dutch, but he is the sweetest pup. Really nice temperment, so we decided to make him part of our family.

He is 6 mo and a blast. Ask me how I feel in 2 wks when the honeymoon is over and I will prob need that :pint: or 2. :lol: :lol:
IMG_4313.JPG
IMG_4313.JPG (133 KiB) Viewed 4129 times

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm
by Sugars Mom
Wow! Congratulations! He is a good looking guy too :D

Can't wait to hear stories and see more pics

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:22 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Oh No you didnt!!!! HA.........wait................just wait..... :eek: :pint:

That is really great though that he has a new home with you !! :wtg:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 pm
by felixone123
Dutchringgirl wrote:Oh No you didnt!!!! HA.........wait................just wait..... :eek: :pint:

That is really great though that he has a new home with you !! :wtg:

I KNOW we're :yernuts: :lol: :lol:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm
by Marjolein
waaaaaah!! I'm jealous! Just like that, a great pup! 8-) congrats! And all the strenght you can find...good luck..whaha :pint:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:34 pm
by Sugars Mom
Who said DS's were like potato chips...can't have just one? :lol:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 pm
by vneerland
You did WHAT? :shock:
Wow! Congrats. (I think...let's wait and see) :player:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:57 am
by alspyce
Congratulations----they grow on ya, right? Love that you're doing such a good job with Odin--I know you'll be great with this one too!! I knew it would be too hard for you to give him up! You guys rock!
Sometimes I hate that I'm just too far off the beaten path to help with these rescues.

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am
by leih merigian
alspyce wrote:Sometimes I hate that I'm just too far off the beaten path to help with these rescues.
Then again, maybe that's not such a bad thing :lol: . Keeping them is probably catching :mrgreen:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:06 am
by leih merigian
Love the name Kai! What a cutie!

How do he and Odin get along? (if you've covered that in another thread, don't bother...I'm catching up after a few days absence...)

congratulations?! :lol:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:43 am
by felixone123
leih merigian wrote:Love the name Kai! What a cutie!

How do he and Odin get along? (if you've covered that in another thread, don't bother...I'm catching up after a few days absence...)

congratulations?! :lol:
Odin is very patient with him. Dakota is having a hard time warming up but in time she'll be ok. Right now we are not allowing them to play together, they can only relax in the same room with Kai on a leash of course.

Kai is dutch meaning "Rejoice" - how fitting!! :lol:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:06 pm
by alexis
Congratulations! He's gorgeous!

Glad to hear everyone in the family is getting along.

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 pm
by vneerland
felixone123 wrote:Kai is dutch meaning "Rejoice" - how fitting!! :lol:
:shock: Uhm. It's a pretty name, but not Dutch for anything. :oops:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 pm
by felixone123
vneerland wrote:
felixone123 wrote:Kai is dutch meaning "Rejoice" - how fitting!! :lol:
:shock: Uhm. It's a pretty name, but not Dutch for anything. :oops:

Really? My husband did a search on dutch names and said this was one of them. :huh: hmmmmmm......... I will have to check his research skills. :roll:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 pm
by felixone123
felixone123 wrote:
vneerland wrote:
felixone123 wrote:Kai is dutch meaning "Rejoice" - how fitting!! :lol:
:shock: Uhm. It's a pretty name, but not Dutch for anything. :oops:

Really? My husband did a search on dutch names and said this was one of them. :huh: hmmmmmm......... I will have to check his research skills. :roll:

this is what he found:
http://www.babynology.com/meaning-kai-m18.html

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 am
by icvanstra
Don't listen to Judith! She doesn't know anything about the Dutch language... If you have any real questions about the language just ask me. :hic: Okay, maybe ask Marjolein.

---

Congrats on joining the elite club of "Failed Fosters." I am one!

Just ask Christie why the cat was named Foster ... it's NOT for the beer! :pint:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 am
by Christie M
icvanstra wrote: Just ask Christie why the cat was named Foster ... it's NOT for the beer! :pint:
Hey, hey, hey.....the cat was an intentional deceit. The ex-boyfriend didn't want me to add anymore to my 4-legged family, so I just had a permanent "foster" cat. He's a freaking awesome cat too.....many years later :D

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 am
by vneerland
icvanstra wrote:Don't listen to Judith! She doesn't know anything about the Dutch language... If you have any real questions about the language just ask me. :hic: Okay, maybe ask Marjolein.
Eric, You're an imposter. Wannabe. :player: :twisted: :g_wink:

I looked at the link that was provided. They list it as a Dutch name but then I don't see the meaning? Just lots of other origins chiming in. Makes you wonder how mean people think they used a *insert country* name when in reality..... :shock: I found the "Dutch" top ten too. :D Ka (uh?) Aachie (no, at best, that would be Aagje) Jaap (yes) Aaf (not really) Daaf (no) Gab (uh?) Aafje (not really) Arabella (it's a name, but not typical) Aachien (no) Aad (yes)
I know I am going to ask around next time I find a cool exotic name that I think would fit a dog's characteristics, to make sure I am not really calling the dog sonof***tch instead of what I intended to use. :lol:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 am
by icvanstra
vneerland wrote:
Eric, You're an imposter. Wannabe. :player: :twisted: :g_wink:
That's it! I'm never visiting the South again. :yernuts:

Amersfoort is now as far South as I'm ever going to visit again! ...well, I'll make an exception for Tiel to see my cousin and his family. But Limburg is definitely off the list! Fryslan is looking better and better every day. :bum:

...aw crap... that means Maastricht is out now and I liked it so much!! :cry:

Re: Introducing Kai

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 pm
by alspyce
vneerland wrote:[ Aachien (no)
No indeed---not ever to go there. :player: