Page 1 of 1

Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 am
by ssquier
Hi! I'm Stephanie, from Cardiff By The Sea, CA, about 30 miles north of San Diego.

My husband and I have a 6 yr old Dutch Shepherd named LOKI; an 18 month old Malinois named BOCA (Loki's puppy - Loki's great-grandmother was a Malinois) and a 9 year old Pit-Mix named BAILEY who feels like the odd-dog-out because her ears don't stand up. Another one of Loki's puppies, CHARGER, is owned by my sister and lives a few miles away. He's a beautiful Blue Dutchie.

My husband, Chad is a dog trainer and Loki and Boca are his demo-dogs. Chad and I got married a couple months ago and Loki was in the wedding of course. Here are a few pics of our fur family. Nice to meet you all! I'm excited to learn a lot! Thanks,

Stephanie

PS - Here is a video of Boca climbing trees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCU6OCVI ... ture=g-upl

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
by Dutchringgirl
Ok, I cried. How fantastic is that to have your dog at the wedding!!!!!

Welcome!

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 am
by MeganBays
I love the one with Loki holding the "just married" sign!

We have a Loki too :) .

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 am
by felixone123
Ok, I'm in love with Loki!!
Love your avatar - "here comes the bride" sign.
What great photos of you and your furry family!!
BTW, Loki looks under loved :lol:

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm
by vneerland
:stickman: Welcome! What a beautiful bride. 8-) You and your husband rock! Dog paws on your wedding gown train, now that's loving your dog. I love love love it!
You have me wondering why I did not take my own brindle girl to my wedding.

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome to the forum, and the pics and video are amazing!

So cool!

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:22 pm
by ssquier
Thank you all for the welcomes and the kind words about the pics and our sweet Loki in our wedding. You are right, Barbara, Loki is completely lacking attention and love :D

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm
by ssquier
I just saw the re-post to new members including the statement re: the reluctance to call them Dutchies - I've made my first mistake! My apologies and thank you for the feedback! I'll look for the book.

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:14 pm
by Frenchie85
Thank you for the great introduction and the great pictures! Loved it!!!

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:07 am
by Christie M
Dutchringgirl wrote:Ok, I cried. How fantastic is that to have your dog at the wedding!!!!!

Welcome!
Thank God I'm not the only one. Tears are ridiculously abundant tonight!

I love the pictures! All of them!

Welcome to the forum!!

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm
by Marjolein
welcome! NICE pictures 8-)

Re: Hi from Cardiff, California

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 pm
by GSDNanny
Lisa and Christie, pass the tissue box please. That is just downright awesome having Loki in the wedding. And the photos are STUNNING! I agree with Judith, you all ROCK! Welcome here.