Page 1 of 1
Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 am
by Turrell2
Hi folks. I am Patty and about three months ago I adopted a Dutch shepherd from an animal rescue grop in Tuscoloosa Alabama. She is about 20 months old and was under wieght with her ribs and hips visible, and had hook worms, and had crescent shaped wounds on her nose and under mer muzzle. She had a food aggression issue which has cleared up since I hand fed her for about a month. I think she had to fight for food and she has rapidly gained weight and will sneak around and eat her sister Bella food and the cats food also. She has post traumatic stress from surviving the mobile home she was living in that was sucked up by a tornado. I named her Sophie and I also call her my little flower because over the last months she has blossomed and her muzzle has healed and she has filed out and her coat is soft and shinny now. I had never heard of this bread before and I am so in love with her and she is a most loving girl and has grown to trust us. Others not so much and we are working on her social skills. She and my little chow mix have formed a loving bond. Very interesting breed I am learning. Thanks, Patty

Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm
by felixone123
Welcome!!!!!
wow, what a story!! Poor little pup! So glad she now has you in her life and thanks for adopting. My recently adopted 6 mo boy Kai is not taking to strangers either.
Must post some pics of her!!
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 am
by Christie M
What a great story and thank you so much for saving a life!! We would love to see pictures!
If you get a moment, please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us keep everyone straight!
Thanks and again, welcome!!!
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:18 am
by Sugars Mom
Welcome and that is quite a story! Very nice to hear about your flower blossoming and look forward to hearing more stories and seeing some pics of her.
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 pm
by vneerland
Welcome!
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:19 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome, what a story, glad she is with you now

Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome! Glad she has a nice safe home now. poor little thing with what she went through.
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm
by GSDNanny
What a traumatic event in her life but so wonderful you are there to give her a new beginning. Thank you for your effort.
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:26 am
by Turrell2
I am way out oF practice with posting pictures and such but here is one of my dutchie Sophie and her sister Bella

Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 pm
by leih merigian
What a story! So glad you found here and us...
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 pm
by alspyce
Welcome!
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm
by alexis
Welcome! Lots of people with rescues here! Mine took about 8 months at home with us before he started to be willing to be friendly with strangers in the street (he's still not fond of them in the house).
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:05 am
by jjohnsice
What a doll Sophie is, i fear she may be to much dog for you, may I have her...

, seriously, she looks to be a top notch DS, you will be so happy to have her in your life.
Re: Hello from Alabama
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:08 am
by Turrell2
Thanks all

She is one of the best things that have happened to me. She is such a sweetie with us.