Page 1 of 1

Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 am
by Kona
Hi! I have what I think due to best guesstimates is a Dutch mix. I got her from the pound when she was 8 weeks old, she's now 3 and displays a lot of Dutch Shepherd characteristics, although I know she's a mix because I met her mum.

Introducing, Kona!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:44 pm
by Sugars Mom
Awww, nice looking dog! I see Dutch....altho I'm not an expert.

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm
by Marjolein
I see some kind of mollossian-type dog...like staff or American bull mixed with maybe some type of shepherd? Nice looking dog!

Welcome! :)

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm
by GSDNanny
Welcome KONA! Is Kona's buddy a Chessie?

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 pm
by vneerland
Welcome owner of Kona from California.
Would you mind telling us something about yourself, other than that you are one of those wonderful people who adopts shelter dogs and gives them a great home? Then, you could add your signature to your profile via the user control panel on the top left of the page, so that we can keep the whoiswho straight. 8-) Please?

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome! What a beautiful bunch !

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 am
by Kona
Happy to tell you all about me!

I'm a 25 year old professional woman working on the central coast of California, San Luis Obispo area. I live with my 2 dogs, Kona and Cyrus (who is indeed a Chessie) and a cat. We love going out to the beach for a swim or a run, hanging out in the yard doing yard work... The typical stuff. No kids or significant other to speak of at the time.

It's so nice to see so many pretty dogs on here! Thanks for the warm welcome!

~Liz

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:08 am
by vneerland
Thanks Liz! I love the glowing eyes in your signature picture too. Reminds me of that show on animal planet: "the haunted" :mrgreen:

Re: Hello from CA!

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 am
by Kona
Haha yeah they do the "Laser Gang" look quite often. I think it stems from them staring at the camera!

I'm going to try and get better pictures of her tomorrow... she needs a bath and some sunlight.

She's really a terrible dog to photograph, she's always moving, ducks when she sees the camera, and her face is so dark you can't usually tell where her nose is unless we're in direct sunlight. Goofy girl.