Page 1 of 2

howdy

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:22 pm
by herder
Hello all,

I hope you are all happy and healthy. My name is Rory, I live in Ireland. I have a young X herder bitch from Dick and Selena van Leeuwen, I have 2 male X malinois that are decendants of van Leeuwen / Duco II(R.Seegers) dogs and a malinois female that is line bred on Elgos.

I do a bit of security work with the dogs and spend a lot of time with them training or out walking the woods.

Not sure what other information is relevant,

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm
by MeganBays
Welcome ;)

Looks like we have similar taste :mrgreen:

Re: howdy

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 am
by herder
Hi Megan,

Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm
by leih merigian
Hi R,

Welcome!

What kinds of fun training do you do, besides what you do for work?

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 am
by herder
Hi Leih,

Thanks for the welcome.

I train tracking with all my dogs. I live with a lot of woodland around me so plenty of space to work with.

I do agility with my dogs but not that really fast rehearsed routine compitition stuff. I will put up a link to a video. I do obedience with agility on obsticals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa00-i9 ... ature=plcp

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am
by Selena
Hi Rory! Pics are always welcomed here. Loved Moll's latest pics.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm
by alspyce
welcome!

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:01 pm
by MeganBays
herder wrote:Hi Megan,

Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.

R.

...it gets interesting sometimes... :twisted:

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:49 pm
by Selena
MeganBays wrote:
herder wrote:Hi Megan,

Thanks for the welcome. I just looked at your web-site and your dogs look really nice. You must have some fun looking after so many strong dogs.

R.

...it gets interesting sometimes... :twisted:
Nahhh, can't be..i look after your dogs. Sway and Berkely would work out fine. Hedwig and Bor lived here and we boarded Rabbit, no problem there :mrgreen: :hic:

That's why havent visit yet...who will look after the dogs, some really have to be seperated in an indoor/ outdoor kennel for cleaning & feeding. Others can be looked after by people we know and trust.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:46 pm
by MeganBays
Selena wrote:Nahhh, can't be..i look after your dogs. Sway and Berkely would work out fine. Hedwig and Bor lived here and we boarded Rabbit, no problem there :mrgreen: :hic:

That's why havent visit yet...who will look after the dogs, some really have to be seperated in an indoor/ outdoor kennel for cleaning & feeding. Others can be looked after by people we know and trust.

We are trying to figure out what to do wit Bor in a few weeks.. We are driving a puppy out to CO and are debating taking him with us, or having someone feed him (his kennel is completely closed in now, so they'd just have to toss food in the side lol).

Reppie is such a baby, I can't ever imagine him giving anyone problems LOL. I'd love to work him with a hidden sleeve to see him be civil, because he just so happy go lucky I'd like to see that other side!

Are your kennels finished yet? We are going to have to finish ours before we would be able to visit.

I'd love to see pics Rory! :)

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 pm
by Selena
Not yet..

There are pics on my kennel fb page

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm
by MeganBays
I am hoping we can get ours started on again. All kennel construction was put on a stand still but hopefully we can get it going before winter hits......

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 pm
by herder
Hi Selena,

I hope you are all well.

Moll is getting bigger and a little more serious. She is big enough, and looks nicely muscular especially for her age. A friend of mine was here today so I had her out most of the day today, we did a bit of tracking and a bit of bite work. She is a real pleasure to have around the place.

When we got to the start of the track, my friend had driven seperatly and gone on ahead ten or fifteen min.s before me. So she is perfectly calm getting out of the car and putting on the harness but once she is given the command 'seek' she is full speed ahead and barks consistantly as she pushes forward. I must help to slow her down and make her think.

I will put up some pictures presently.

R

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm
by herder
Hi Alspyce,

Thanks.

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 pm
by herder
Megan,

Do you train them for sale or work them yourself?

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 pm
by herder
Relaxing in the sun after her swim.

Image

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm
by herder
Here she is on a tether a few months ago-

Image

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 pm
by Selena
She had most of her height grow now, maybe another cm in the next 6 months or so, now she'll start filling out. Filling out with the females is ready around 18 mo. Starting to get serious around this time is right, she will be more and more and at the top around 13/14 mo ;)

She's bigger/ heavier as Meis.

Re: howdy

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:29 pm
by herder
'Starting to get serious around this time is right, she will be more and more and at the top around 13/14 mo'

I am excited for the next few months. She is already commited to every thing she does. But she is also stable.

R.

Re: howdy

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:30 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Rory. If you don't mind, could you create a signature in the user control panel on the top left of the page? Keeps you from having to remember that your name seems to start with an "R". :g_wink: