Page 1 of 1

Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am
by ORcoast97138
I live in a small community on the oregon coast, (on the tip of oregon basically, between the pacific ocean/columbia river)obviously from the screen name, LOL
Im 30, and have a husband and son whos almost 4,
we were looking around at adopting a dog, large breed, loyal, etc. I previously owned a german shep, from the time I was 16, until my son was just a baby. so he lived a fairly long life, almost 13 years.
I loved him, with my whole heart, and it took a long time to be 'ready' to do that again.

Well, fast forward a few years, now my son is almost 4, and we moved into a house recently, after apartment living for almost 4 years.
the house felt so empty!!!
Anways, we responded to an ad on the internet, in portland, OR, and after the people got a real good chance of looking us up, background infor, ETC (I didnt blame them ONE bit)
They brought 'Fritz' over to us, to see how he 'fit' with our family.

I knew I'd never find a dog to 'replace' my old one. You wouldnt want to do that anyways, right?

But, if there was ever the PERFECT dog, I truely believe fritz is it.
He goes to work with me, Im a painter/carpenter. I work at a small door and trim shop. so he roams around, runs around, and sleeps while Im working.
My son LOVES to play fetch with him, or we all go to the beach, lake, etc.
Hes sooooo gently and patient with my son. I just cant even put into words how gentle of a spirit this dog has. and he aims to please, most of the time.
:lol:
I want to learn everything I can about him,so I can be the best owner possible, as I believe he is trying to be the best dog possible.
:love:
We've had him a week now, and I just cant believe how much of my heart belongs to him already......
I knew, I missed having a dog.
And I really do think its good for kids, to grow up with a pet.
Im also a recovering heroin/pain pill addict, with 15 months clean time under me now. This is a huge part of my life/story as well now.
So, having a 'new' hobby, of continueing training with Fritz, and playing with him, gives me something else to fill my time, whereas I used to be doing not so great things, a year and half ago.

thanks for reading,
and thanks for having such an informative site!!!!

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 am
by Schlussdibusti
welcome :wave:

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:13 am
by Marjolein
Welcome! Pics of Fritz are more than welcome :whistle: :mrgreen:

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:00 pm
by alspyce
Hi and Welcome!

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:12 pm
by Dutchringgirl
welcome!

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 am
by leih merigian
What a story! Can't wait to see pics of Fritz, and how nice that he's already settled into your family!

congratulations to you on your sobriety!!!

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:45 am
by jjohnsice
Welcome.. Im in recovery as well, you will not regret your new family member, he will add so much to your life I am sure. Best of luck to you and your family.

Re: Hi from the beach

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:55 pm
by vneerland
Welcome owner of Fritz on the Oregon coast. Do you have a name and gender too? :mrgreen: