Page 1 of 1

A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:19 am
by GrayWolf
Hello all of you! My name is Valery and I got this forum by surfing the web. A mont ago my boyfriend an me got this lovely female mix of a dutch shepherd (according to a trainer friend of us) and we love to know how raise it.
It´s name is Brandy and she´s around 4 months old :D
Be sure that as soon as I learn how to put a photo right here I´ll share it :)

Well... please be gentle and say hi! :)

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:23 am
by TexasMedy
Hi Valerie,

Welcome to the forum. I joined about 24 hours ago and can not figure out the photo upload process myself. I'm also new to the breed. I'm sure you will find some good info on this forum.

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm
by jjohnsice
How to raise your pup?

With lots of love, lots of adventure, and a whole lot of exercise. From my experience a dutch is play jsut about anything, if you like basketball -they will play basketball, if you play soccer- they will play soccer, if you play frisbee - they will play frisbee, if you play golf - youll never again hit your ball from where it lied lol, etc, etc, etc..

At some point you might jsut think, I have to much dog, its not not easy to wear out a duch they require rich and full loves of adventure, work, and play.. but your dog will soon be the most treasured thing in your life.

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:33 pm
by alspyce
Hi and Welcome.

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm
by Schlussdibusti
welcome :wave:

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:18 pm
by GrayWolf
Thank you all for your welcomes :D I´ll be around to learn more about my puppy because i have a lot of questions hahaha I´m sure we gonna be friends :)

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:49 pm
by vneerland
Welcome here Valery! Your English is very good. 8-)
Do you have (sport) plans with your new pup? I was just curious, since you mention a 'trainer friend'?

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:14 am
by GrayWolf
Thank you :D and aww I´d really like to practice agility with Brandy but, I don´t have enough time to do that... We met a trainer because we´d like she learns how to obey us n.n I think she´s really smart because in just a few days she learned how to sit and stuff d: i used a clicker for that :)

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)
You GOTTA find some time to do agility (or anything else), it's so much fun to do a sport with your dog :)

Re: A warm HELLO from Mexico!

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm
by vneerland
GrayWolf wrote:Thank you :D and aww I´d really like to practice agility with Brandy but, I don´t have enough time to do that... We met a trainer because we´d like she learns how to obey us n.n I think she´s really smart because in just a few days she learned how to sit and stuff d: i used a clicker for that :)
:mrgreen: So just imagine how fast she would pick up the agility training. ;)
All kidding aside. Committing to whatever kind of training for a dog is always time consuming, but on the other hand, it is extremely rewarding, if only because doing things together strengthens even the best bond even more. :wtg: