Page 1 of 1

It's holiday...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 pm
by Jan
...in our backyard.
Joep thinks: "what goes up must come down":
Image

"I don't think so":
Image

"Okay. Then I start reading a book":
Image

"It's a thriller by the way":
Image

Meanwhile The Old Lady enjoys live in her own way:
Image

While Bas just likes to sit on a bale of hay, dreaming about what's beyond the horizon:
Image

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:40 pm
by felixone123
love it! love the narration and story!!

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 am
by Dutchringgirl
Floor dosnt look happy. Joep is cute as always and I just love Bas.

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:24 am
by felixone123
BTW, I love that you taught your dog to read!! Was it a good thriller?

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 am
by Schlussdibusti
Great pics, as usual :)

The topic 'it's holiday' reminds me of my first time off request when I was fairly newt o the US. The paper asked for 'reason to take time off', I wrote 'holiday'. My supervisor crossed it out and wrote 'vacation'. In the US 'holiday' = 'bank holiday', in the UK 'holiday' = 'vacation'. :lol: I learned British English in Germany and was not used to these fine nuances.

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 pm
by leih merigian
Nice, Jan!

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:14 pm
by alspyce
Nice!

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:30 am
by Marjolein
:lol: :D

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm
by Selena
Schlussdibusti wrote:Great pics, as usual :)

The topic 'it's holiday' reminds me of my first time off request when I was fairly newt o the US. The paper asked for 'reason to take time off', I wrote 'holiday'. My supervisor crossed it out and wrote 'vacation'. In the US 'holiday' = 'bank holiday', in the UK 'holiday' = 'vacation'. :lol: I learned British English in Germany and was not used to these fine nuances.
We learn Oxford English too, here in Holland.

LOL, sometimes when I hear myself speak english I notice that when I speak to someone from the States I use American words and when I speak to someone from the UK I use british words like the ones I learned.
Meg ( megan bays) learns me southern slang :angel:

Re: It's holiday...

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 am
by icvanstra
When I visit with one of my Uncles he becomes frustrated because I speak "American English" instead of "Oxford English."

I think the influx of so many non-English words into the American language would throw him the most! Didn't help that he is re-married to a wonderful woman from Suriname and her "english" is even a great mix.