Page 1 of 1
A note from Harlough
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm
by Harloughsmom2012
HI! My name is Harlough. I am 7 years old and my new mom and dad are really cool. They came and got me because my old person passed away. I take my new mom and dad hiking, camping and fishing. Sometimes it gets really hot here in Texas, so they got me my own pool to play in. But my favorite thing is when Dad goes fishing because I get to get in the lake and play. They don't even get mad if I get all muddy! They say that I am the new baby because my big sister left for college. She left her cats behind at mom and dads but they dont bother me...I just ignore how silly they are with all that hissing and swatting stuff. I am so excited to have a new home, and I hope that I can make some Dutch friends on here! There are very few of us in this part of Texas so maybe we can be friends and give each other tips on how to train our humans! I have to get off the computer- my mom will be home for lunch soon, but I hope you all have a great day!
Love,
Harlough

Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:58 pm
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome

Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 pm
by felixone123
ahh, what a sweet story!! welcome and don't forget to post some pics.
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 am
by Dutchringgirl
Hi Harlough!!! I have some great training tricks for your human !!! Ill have to tell you in sectret because im sure Thalie will tattle tale one me, she is such a goodie goodie. Maybe one day you can come play with us ! There is a ton of good deer poop to eat.
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:18 pm
by alspyce
Welcome! So sorry to hear you lost your human----good luck training the new ones.
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am
by leih merigian
Welcome to you and your humans!
That was so much fun to read...we'll enjoy having you around!

Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 am
by Turrell2
Welcome. Such a sweet story.
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 am
by Sugars Mom
Welcome, love the intro!
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm
by Harloughsmom2012
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am Harlough's Mom- my name is Kim and I have a question about my wonderful baby girl. She loves to play with her toys- especially if they have squeekers in them. The question is: does anyone know where we can find toys with squeekies that don't tear up so fast? It is going to get expensive if we have to replace toys every week or two because she chews them up, but more importantly we are afraid she will choke on the torn out squeeker. We will do it because we love her but it would be nice for them to last a little bit longer. Thanks-Kim
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm
by alexis
Zane can get pretty much any squeaker out after about 15 minutes, but these two toys have held up for several weeks each (they both have holes and missing parts, but at least one squeaker is still securely inside and working).
Squeaky Snake:
http://www.funtimedogshop.com/item/Invi ... _Snake/117
The squeakers are huge - about 5in by 2in - so they seem like less of a choking hazard.
Monkey:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-NA-_-NA
A warning, the snake has 10 or so squeakers and it can get really annoying, but is good for tug and dressing your dog up in a boa. Like so (see how happy he looks about it):

Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm
by Christie M
I might have to get one of those snakes for the next time we visit the parents. I'm sure they would LOVE that!
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:25 pm
by Harloughsmom2012
The snake is a big hit at our house!!! Thanks Alexis and Zane!! Love from Texas-Harlough,Kim and Toby
Re: A note from Harlough
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:56 pm
by alexis
Glad to hear it and you're welcome!