Page 1 of 1

Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:29 am
by JollyRoger
Hey everyone, my name is Evan and I just discovered this forum while searching for a new breeder to get a second pup. I have always loved the look of shepherds and other working style dogs starting mostly with GSDs (because that was most popular and what I had been around). While deployed overseas (Army) I had the opportunity to see lots of Malinois working and instantly fell in love with them. Only once did I see a Dutch Shepherd but that's all it took. Like I'm sure many of you here would agree, the brindles, mask, great and lively expression and strong confident stance had me in love. After doing more research I discovered the temperment and more of the standard of the DS...there was no turning back. My wife and I decided we were at a point in our lives where we could provide a good home for a dog (ok, I told her I desperately wanted/needed a dog when I came home) :).

After two months of research, and finally arriving home we found a breeder that happened to have puppies available. As it turned out, Andraste (ann-Draw-sta) flew out to us on my birthday. :D She is now 15 months old and as awesome as ever. Her and I have been on a solid routine of daily walks, fetch, obedience, and some obstacle work ever since.

After browsing around the threads for a bit I hope I can share some of my stories and learn from the vast knowledge many of you have regarding the Dutch's. We are hoping to get another pup, a male this time, sometime in the spring. I would like go with a different breeder this time and know a bit more what to look for but will definitely be seeking everyone's expertise.

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:23 pm
by leih merigian
Hi Evan and welcome!

Glad you found us...nice pic of your beautiful dog!

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm
by felixone123
welcome!! beautiful dog!

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am
by Dutchringgirl
She is beautiful, look at that loooong nose.

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:51 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :)
I'm totally curious where your dog comes from? :mrgreen:

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:07 am
by Schlussdibusti
Welcome :wave:

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm
by alspyce
welcome!

Re: Hi from Idaho!

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm
by JollyRoger
Thanks everybody! I could probably look at pics of all your pups for most of the day....some great looking dogs here!

Marjolein, Andraste comes from Oklahoma from what I've recently discovered is a quite unpopular breeder here. Please dont crucify me, at the time they were the only ones I could find that had puppies available. I only knew I wanted a pure DS...any certifications, FCI, KNPV, etc didnt mean much but looked decent on her resume to an untrained eye. Only when searching in the last few weeks for a good place to get a male from did I discover all the other places that appear to have great dogs.

:)