Introducing myself
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 am
My name is Christina. I live in Washington state. I am a professional detection K9 trainer of 14 years. I currently have dogs working in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, and the country of Brazil. Most of them are Lab retrievers, a few Goldens and 3 GSDs. They are single purpose dope dogs all working for law enforcement. I am a K9 handler for my county's search and rescue. I handle a labrador retriever by the name of Springfield. Springfield is ceritifed with NAPWDA for human remains detection and certified in- house for trailing. We have been utilized on hundreds of missions and have been successful in both disciplines. I have joined the forum because I am in the process of lcoating Spring's successor, as she is 10 years old, even though the vet recently stated she has the bod of a 6 year old. I have a deposit on a DS pup and I am hopeful that she was born with what it takes. I am up for the challenge and I am excited about working with a DS. I am the mother of 5 childern ranging from 30 to 17. I have two stepsons 32 and 28. And grandma to 11. I have another Lab named Tiki who in Spring's antithesis.... Other K9 venues for me are K9 Nosework judge and instructor, competitive obedience, Pet Partners, and NAACR. I had to wait until Spring was 9 years old before her energy level could even begin to be compatible with therapy work......
I am excited to reap the wisedom on this forum. I will do the signature thingy as soon as someone tells me how...........
Christina
I am excited to reap the wisedom on this forum. I will do the signature thingy as soon as someone tells me how...........
Christina