Page 1 of 1

Hello from Southern California

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:58 pm
by underhispinions
Hi,my name is Sheryl Payne and I live in Souhern California.I have a Dutch Shepherd bitch that is a UKC Champion in conformation.While I know she would not be considered PC for the working crowd,I adore her!.Nika has recently been spayed due to getting older.I also have horses (Arabian & Quarter horse).I tried to up-load a photo but it aid the extension bmp is not allowed :-(

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome Sheryl!

Don't worry about the folks on the forum who are working dog people. Everyone is here for the same reason - our love for the Dutch Shepherd Breed.

eric

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 pm
by underhispinions
Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 pm
by vneerland
:wave: Welcome Sheryl.
Looking forward to your pictures. You are not the only one who combines the love for DS's with the love for horses, and there is nothing wrong with having a good looking dog either. ;)

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 am
by syzygy
Welcome, Sheryl!

Don't worry about the other ways to play with your DS! I haul my poor working-bred kids to shows all the time. In fact I am part of a local UKC club and we put on a lot of those shows. The DS is so scary smart, you will get a lot of folks asking about them, especially if you start doing Rally and obedience. I have done the conformation game, too--it's fun. Too bad more folks don't show--it certainly doesn't hurt anything and we need some competition out there for Grand CH's.

Enjoy the forum--folks here do a little of *everything* with their dogs.

Ellisa

UCD URO1 Int'l CH Ishi Isis van Neerland UCH CGC and UCD URO1 Java van Neerland CGC

:wtg:

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:17 am
by turnnburn52984
Welcome! I'm in the club with horses & DS's. :) An arab right now, but have had QH's, amongst other breeds.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am
by leih merigian
Hi Sheryl!

I don't have any horses, but adore them...as well as my DS puppy :fluffy: .

Eager to see pictures of your stunning girl!

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:08 am
by Aztechalo
Hi Sheryl! I have horses too so it sounds like we're in god company! I have Warmbloods and rescues of various types. DS seemed like a logical animal to go with them. Of course, sometimes the horses administer tough love.

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm
by underhispinions
Look forward to seeing everyones photos (horses too)!Thanks :D Photos are Nika,Athena,"Paloma" and Nika again :g_wink: Tough love,too funny! Yep,God company-love it !!

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 pm
by vneerland
Wow! Look at that arab dish! 8-) Very pretty four legged family! Thanks for sharing. :love:

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 pm
by underhispinions
Thanks!

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:03 pm
by turnnburn52984
What a good looking crew!!

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 am
by syzygy
I love the horse pictures! I am down to one horse--lost my ancient Egyptian Arab a few years ago--he was close to thirty. If I could afford to feed them I'd have a lot more horses. Right now I'm just barely keeping up with the dogs and cats and the two pet fish.

Ellisa

Re: Hello from Southern California

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:04 pm
by GSDNanny
Sheryl, the photos of your DS and horses are great! I am envious of the horse owners on here. I have access to many horses to ride at a friend's ranch, and even as a teenager had access to ride other's horses, but at some point, owning my own pleasure or trail riding horse is on my 'bucket list' before I get too old to get back in the saddle! Arabs are so striking! After just completing the 'sheep shak' and my kennels at my little farm, I have just started a one horse barn. Maybe by next spring. :wtg:

Denise Gatlin
Louisiana