Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Jan »

Hello, I am Jan, 54 years of age, and I live together with my wife and our two dogs in the north of Holland, in the small fishermenstown of Zoutkamp. We have a nine year old rough coat DS and a two year old rough coat B(elgian)Shepherd dog, a Laekenois, I'll show them to you in ''Photographs'' although some of you already know them as well as they know me.
Next year we hope to have a DS puppy again and yes, it will also be a roughcoated one. ;)
I'll try to ite in Englis as good as I can and if there might be something you on't undersand pleas tel me so I can try again.
Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by icvanstra »

Jan,

Welkom op het forum. Ik beloof om te proberen en niet mijn Nederlandse slager.

Tat ziens,
Eric
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by vneerland »

Hallo Jan :wave:
Good to have you and your rough haired verson here.
Jan takes the most awesome pictures of his (northern) part of Holland. Gives you a real appreciation of where our breed comes from. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Welcome- stunning dogs! I love to see the rough coat. :)
Kelly
Image
Koenig
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by leih merigian »

Hi Jan, and welcome!

Loved your pics in the other thread...
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Marjolein »

Ook hier?

Welcome Jan!

Eric: keep trying... you're talking about a butcher right know.... :roll: :?:


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Jan »

Thank you Marjolein. :wtg: I like to promote the rough cout DS in the U.S. :D :wtg:
To be serious, I think it's very nice and very interesting to read about DS abroad, especially in the U.S., that is the main reason why I entered this forum.
Image
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by cake73 »

I don't know if they're on this forum, but there are a handful of rough coat DS in the US...
http://ruff-daykennels.blogspot.com/

Maybe we'll have even more photos of rough coat DS submitted for next year's calendar vote? :mrgreen:
Jannumbernext wrote:Thank you Marjolein. :wtg: I like to promote the rough cout DS in the U.S. :D :wtg:
To be serious, I think it's very nice and very interesting to read about DS abroad, especially in the U.S., that is the main reason why I entered this forum.
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by turnnburn52984 »

I showed these pictures to my hubby- told him he has to come see the Dutch Shepherd pics! He was very confused, and said "thats not a DS....??" It was very very funny! He's read about the different coats, but never seen a good photograph.

Thanks for that link Cheryl, I"ll be sure to check it out. :)
Kelly
Image
Koenig
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Jan »

turnnburn52984 wrote:I showed these pictures to my hubby- told him he has to come see the Dutch Shepherd pics! He was very confused, and said "thats not a DS....??" It was very very funny! He's read about the different coats, but never seen a good photograph.
Were you able to really convince him? :D :D Otherwise I invite him to visit us. ;)
Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by icvanstra »

Kelly,

Talk your husband into visiting. Not that I'm biased....BUT....it is a great country to visit.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Rochele Smit
Puppy
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have been active in the Dutch Shepherd world for 3 years now. I am very passionate about the breed and making it better. I own Zonya Gestreepte de Tijger. We did SDA back in MI and now train both Personal Protection and Mondioring out here in Colorado.
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Rochele Smit »

My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm
Rochele Smit
Centennial Working Dogs
www.centennialworkingdogs.com

FO PA Zonya de Gestreepte Tijger - SDA, PPD, and Mondioring
User avatar
Jan
Training Dog
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.
Location: Zoutkamp, NL

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by Jan »

Rochele Smit wrote:My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm
Coincedence: I was born and raised in the city of Groningen. And Zoutkamp is in the northern part of the province of Groningen. :D
Image
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Zoutkamp/Holland

Post by icvanstra »

Rochele Smit wrote:My hubby is from the Netherlands and has taken me several times to visit his family. He grew up near Groningen, and his parents have a home on the island of Texel. It is a nice spot to visit, yum... Krokketen...Saucijzenbroodjes... mmmmm
mmmm... how about Olie Bollen????
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Post Reply