Page 1 of 1

New Member

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 am
by kansky1
Hello, from Lakewood, Colorado. My name is Lynn. We have owned a Dutch Shepherd for 6 years. Our Loki was a rescue, taken in and healed by by Max Fund in 2007. I have owned several dogs but never one quite as beautiful, intelligent, gentle, friendly, energetic and funny as Loki. We recently had to release Loki to cross the Rainbow Bridge as she had a vicious, fast cancer (managiosarcoma). We are thinking of bringing another Dutch Shepherd rescue into our home. Our 6 year old Golden Retriever, and 12 year old, three-legged, one-eyed Fox Terrier (inherritted) miss Loki as much as we do.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the forum!

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome and she sure is a beauty! I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Do you have a specific DS rescue in mind, or thinking in general to rescue as DS?

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm
by felixone123
Beautiful Loki - may you have sweet dreams forever!! So sorry for your loss.

Welcome and both of ours are rescues from NADSR!! They rock!!

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:47 am
by leih merigian
Welcome!

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:46 pm
by feraloup
Welcome! Loki was a gorgeous creature. I'm looking to acquire my first dutch shepherd soon, and have found the folks on this board are a wonderful source of information, camaraderie, and fun. :) Look forward to hearing more from you!

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 pm
by Marjolein
Loki sure was a nice dog! Sorry for your loss :(

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm
by wahinelf
Loki was beautiful! I'm so glad you found us here, but I'm so sad for your loss.

Re: New Member

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:22 am
by Nordis
Welcome kansky1, I hope your search is short and rewarding. My heart is with you. Much Peace to you all.

Re: New Member

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 am
by cake73
{{{Lynn & Loki}}}

Thank you for sharing that beautiful photo!

Re: New Member

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:26 pm
by LyonsFamily
Welcome to the board! Loki looks like a beautiful lady. I highly recommend NADSR as well. Even if they don't have a dog for you or in your area, they cross post all the time for other rescues as well. My boy was a courtesy posting on their facebook page.

Re: New Member

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 am
by Christie M
Gorgeous dog for sure!
Thank you for posting an intro and telling us about your DS experience!
Please visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It is a great tool for us to remember who is who!
Welcome!

Re: New Member

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:11 am
by vneerland
Welcome Lynn. Sorry to hear of your loss. She was beautiful! Where was the picture taken? May I assume Colorado? (lovely back drop) 8-)

Re: New Member

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm
by debmac
Your Loki was beautiful- sorry for your loss. I recently lost the last in a long line of GSD's. I was lost- but adopted a female Dutch Shepherd a month ago. She is just a wonderful dog. Good luck with your search.
Deb