Page 1 of 1

Hello from Arkansas

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:32 pm
by Moonbeam13
I am new to dutch shepherds but not new to working dogs. I am heavily involved in search and rescue and have trained several search dogs. I have had german shepherds and recently lost my german shepherd search dog in a tragic accident. She was a really great dog and as I was looking for another german shepherd I was having difficulty finding just what I wanted at a price I could afford. I wanted a good solid, intelligent, confident, athletic working dog... NO roach backs, NO squatty over angulated dogs. A fellow search dog handler I know suggested I should try a dutch shepherd. She had german shepherds also and switched to dutch shepherds. I did some research and gave myself a crash course in dutch shepherds, their history, etc. So, I am looking for a female pup now.

Lynn Powell, RN, BSN, NASAR SAR Tech I, MLPI, SAR K9 Handler

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human.
The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.
Edward Hoagland, Dogs and the Tug of Life

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:18 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the list.

There are breeders who are members on the forum.

eric

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 pm
by Moonbeam13
Maybe if there are some within driving distance of Arkansas, they can let me know if they have any female puppies.

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 am
by turnnburn52984
Welcome! I am new to DS's as well, have my fist guy now. We'd love to get our Pointer into SAR work, I'm just not sure she's got the focus for it. Only time will tell!