Hi, new to Va and the DSF

For our new members to introduce themselves
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Hello
I am new to Fredericksburg and this forum. I have a 3 year old female Dutchie named Ember (FR1, CGC). Now that we moved due to military, I have not been able to find a ring club close by, so we are trying out PSA. So far so good. She is also doing just fine as a pet in between training :ds: Just a little wild.
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
Aztechalo
Puppy
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 am
Tell us about yourself: I live in North Monterey County, CA with my husband, three step kids, one gorgeous and wonderful Dutch Shepherd and a whole bunch of livestock type animals. The humans are into sustainable farming, the dog is into chasing deer and digging up gophers. My day job is an Operations Supervisor at Santa Cruz Regional 911. One of these days, I'm going to get another DS.
Contact:

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by Aztechalo »

Welcome!
Marsha and Chaos (4 yo, DS)

In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
-Carl Jung
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by icvanstra »

Welcome to the forum.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Posts: 1960
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by leih merigian »

Welcome to you and Ember!

I live not that far from you, outside of Charlottesville. Sorry you couldn't find a ring club...there's no Mondio around here, either.

How about some pics? :)
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
User avatar
syzygy
Puppy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by syzygy »

Hi, welcome! I lived in Charlottesville for a short time when I was a kid and loved it, and just spent a lot of time in Springfield recently trying to help a friend search for a lost dog. It is beautiful country! If you like hiking, take a look at the parks all around--Great for walking with the dog. I was surprised at how much beautiful wild land there is that close to DC.

You'll like it here on the Forum, too :D

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
User avatar
cake73
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm
Tell us about yourself: I live in Metro-West Boston with my husband and our rescued Dutch Shepherd, Minnie. She loves anything involving activity. Our first rescued DS, Kaya, loved to tug. Our second rescued DS (who actually turned out to be a GSDx), Marley, loved to nap. I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue and am a member of the NADSR BOD.
Contact:

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by cake73 »

Hi! Great to see you here! :wave:
Cheryl in MA, with rescued DS
Kaya, adopted January 2006 (over the bridge, September 2014)
Marley, adopted February 2008
Minnie, adopted March 2015


North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue
https://www.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by Marjolein »

welcome :D
Image
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

leih merigian wrote: How about some pics? :)
When I try to post a pic, it says its to big, every one. I have tried photobucket too. So I am still trying to figure how to post them on this forum :?
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
syzygy
Puppy
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by syzygy »

Hi! It took me a month to finally get one to post. My "Office" (Word) program would not do it for me, because it had no graphic editing options, but yours might--Eric has instructions for normal people somewhere on the forum--I think in the intro section. I finally found a simple little graphic editing program that actually came with my Canon scanner, and it lets you adjust the size of the photo--just be sure to keep the proportions--most editing software should give you that option--and use the pixel size and DPI Eric has listed. I would go find it now but I can't get back to a letter in progress without losing it if I go elsewhere on the forum in the middle of writing.

I am pretty tech-stupid but this is what I did. I would fetch the file, "save as" and rename the picture with my scanner editing program. Then adjust the size and DPI of that copy according to Eric's instructions. I then made a folder in my documents that I named Little Pix and put them all there--since the avatar size is way different than the regular post size I put that in the file name. ("tiny" is avatar, "small" for the rest.) Then I go to Photobucket and upload them, which only takes about half a day with my dialup :(

This would be a lot easier with a faster connection, but with patience I finally got it to work.

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Thanks for the tips, I have a MAC, not sure if that makes a difference or not. I am trying to use photobucket. I tried to resize them too with no luck. I will keep trying though, thanks!
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
turnnburn52984
Training Dog
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 am
Tell us about yourself: Lifelong animal person- I professionally trained horses before my children were born. New to DS's, but not new to high drive working dogs. :) Currently have a 1 1/2 yr old DS, Koenig, and a 2 yr old English Pointer Sara. They are both rescues. Oh yes, I work at a multi species non-profit animal rescue, on Bainbridge Island, WA

Want to know anything else, just ask!
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by turnnburn52984 »

Once you resize you have to go down to the bottom (left?) of the screen and click 'save changes'. It took me awhile to figure out that last step.

Welcome! Can't wait for pictures. :)
Kelly
Image
Koenig
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Kimkim. Looking forward to 'meeting' your DS.
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Image
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Image
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Hmm, I had to change the settings to thumb IMG.. I really dont know what Im doing :D
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

Still cant get the avatar to cooperate though..
Image
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by icvanstra »

Did you read this: http://www.dutchshepherdforum.com/viewt ... ?f=55&t=53

The two key elements are the sizing restrictions. then you add it to your profile
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

I did it! Thanks for the help.
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
User avatar
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm
Tell us about yourself: *
Location: Tex@s

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by vneerland »

Dark dark dog Kimkim. No wonder you named it Ember. I can see the gold in some pics, but it is not a whole lot. Just like glowing coals, indeed. 8-) What is the bloodline?
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
User avatar
kimkim
Puppy
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.
Location: Fredericksburg, Va

Re: Hi, new to Va and the DSF

Post by kimkim »

She is out of Land of Oz Jett and a female named Dynasty. She has brindle on her legs and sides, some days you can see it more than others. I guess it depends on the light. I wanted a darker brindle with no white. Actually, you were one of the kennels I contacted when I first began the search for a dutchie, but you had no puppies at that time. It was back in Jan-Feb 2007.
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
Post Reply