Page 1 of 1

New from TN

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 am
by ltsgsd
I am completely new to Dutch Shepherds. I compete in IPO/Schutzhund and am starting to see some Dutch Shepherds in this sport. Would like to learn as much as possible about them.

Re: New from TN

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am
by LyonsFamily
Welcome to the forum! What do you currently compete with? What particularly would you like to learn? If you go back through old forum posts there's a ton of info and there are a bunch of knowledgeable members on this forum that can help you out.

Re: New from TN

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 pm
by ltsgsd
LyonsFamily,

Thank you!! I compete with a GSD for now. I am looking at bloodlines to see which dogs consistently "throw" good puppies, and which kennels work there dogs as well as sells. Also what lines are good for high level IPO. I like a dog that is high drive, clear headed, not handler aggressive but aggressive in protection, not equipment fixated.

Re: New from TN

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 am
by Christie M
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the bio! We always appreciate it!
If you have a moment, you can also visit the User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. It helps us tell everyone apart.

Whew - moderator duty over!!!! :lol:

Where in TN are you located? I am also in TN, located in Cookeville. We train for IPO and PSA. We have blood lines related to Vrijheid (Asheley Winters in Salt Lake City Utah), Nicky Verlee (KNPV), Titan des Crocs De L'Olympe (French Ring 3) with some other stuff mixed in. Would love to have you out and talk about the different things we see with at least these lines. Additionally, Dameon Berry is in Knoxville, TN and has some nice DS as well. His current competition dog is IPO 1, but hopefully getting his 2 in April and going for his 3 at the AWDF Nationals (which are right over the border in KY this year....same club hosting the Working Dutch Shepherd Association Nationals in 2014).

Lots of things I could throw into this message!!! But glad to have you here!

Re: New from TN

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm
by alspyce
Welcome

Re: New from TN

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm
by ltsgsd
Christie,

Thanks for the info. A confession, I am figuring out how to get a sig up still. Think I have got it now though. I am in Arlington Tn outside Memphis. I train in DVG at the Delta Schutzhund Club and have an IPO 1 on my GSD, Dexter vom Schattendal..

I will put the Dutch Nationals on my calender!!! Hoping to get to the AWDF.

From what I have been reading , the bloodlines you listed, are some of the ones I see in working lines consistently and ones I am interested in.

Lorelei

Re: New from TN

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 am
by Christie M
Well just let me know if you ever want to visit!!