New Dutchie owner
-
Wulfhaus
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike. I live in Western NY. I have a great Dutchie named Cheyenne. She is currently 4 months old. So far she's a fantastic dog. Still waiting for her ears to pop up.
Cheers! - Location: Cheektowaga NY
New Dutchie owner
[img][IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/ ... F09BD7.jpg[/img][/img]Hello,
I'm Mike. I have a 4 month old DS named Cheyenne. She a great dog. Very smart and very well mannered. She impresses me more and more every day. I'll post a pic soon. Proud to be a member of the Dutchie community.
I'm Mike. I have a 4 month old DS named Cheyenne. She a great dog. Very smart and very well mannered. She impresses me more and more every day. I'll post a pic soon. Proud to be a member of the Dutchie community.
- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie owner
Your photo didn't post right, but I copied the link into a new window and got the picture.
Cheyenne is a cutie! Where did you get her from? I love how her ears can't decide which way to go.
Cheyenne is a cutie! Where did you get her from? I love how her ears can't decide which way to go.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: New Dutchie owner
there were two image tags. I just recopied the link with one image tag
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- feraloup
- Training Dog
- Posts: 352
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm
- Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.
- Location: VT
Re: New Dutchie owner
Welcome to the forum! I can't wait to hear more about your li'l lady! 
Autumn Dufresne
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
-
Wulfhaus
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike. I live in Western NY. I have a great Dutchie named Cheyenne. She is currently 4 months old. So far she's a fantastic dog. Still waiting for her ears to pop up.
Cheers! - Location: Cheektowaga NY
Re: New Dutchie owner
Thanks for fixing the pic and the warm welcome!! I got Cheyenne from a private party. I'm blown away every day by how smart she is. Tks again!
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: New Dutchie owner
any time. Yes, they are super smart. Its really nice because they learn so quick.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- anniewang83
- Puppy
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 am
- Tell us about yourself: Annie & Nick, first time owners of a dutch shepherd, named Amber, rescue from North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue (NADSR), fostered and trained by Kim Futch. Amber's favorite things to do are eating, chasing balls, chasing frisbees and napping with us in bed.
- Location: New York City
Re: New Dutchie owner
Welcome! And what a cute dog!!! So adorable!
Nick & Annie (humans)
Amber (Dutchie)
currently living in New York City
Amber (Dutchie)
currently living in New York City
- alspyce
- Working Dog
- Posts: 1222
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:51 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year! - Location: Corinth, New York
Re: New Dutchie owner
Welcome! Cute pup--is there some GSD in the mix??
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Chris Carlton/Lyric
-
Wulfhaus
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Mike. I live in Western NY. I have a great Dutchie named Cheyenne. She is currently 4 months old. So far she's a fantastic dog. Still waiting for her ears to pop up.
Cheers! - Location: Cheektowaga NY
Re: New Dutchie owner

Tks for the complements folks. She sure is a looker!! She doesn't have any GSD in her to my knowledge. I took this pic today. Do you think she has some German in her?
- Dutchringgirl
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 5692
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Re: New Dutchie owner
Its hard to say from the front. I dont see any. but those big beautiful eyes !!! I am melting.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT




- LyonsFamily
- Training Dog
- Posts: 947
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
- Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years - Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: New Dutchie owner
I think it's the color that is throwing out the idea of GSD. To me, it looks like a very dense brindling that could be coming off as a sable pattern. As the dog grows and the coat matures, it'll be easier to tell. Lisa, you can have those eyes, I'll take the confused puppy ears.


Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA


Facebook page.