Page 1 of 1

Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:44 pm
by Karin
Hi Everyone.

Decided to join up now that I have a DS on the way. Puppies are on the ground! I have to wait until July 20th for the 8th week though. I'm SO excited.

I decided to go with a DS because I like high drive dogs and my husband loves the shepherds. The DS is not really a compromise as my husband totally fell for them. So researched a bit on breeders, put my name in for a breeding that was supposed to take place in July and then Lo-and BEHOLD, the female that was supposed to have 8 puppies end of May had 14!!!!!!! That is a huge litter.

This little guy or girl (10 male/4 female) will be a pet but I will also try training at search and rescue. Have already started working with a SAR group as a non-dog interested party. If that doesn't work out I'll gravitate back to dog sports. The dog will also be raised in the mountains footsteps from the national forest and miles of trails. So will enjoy swimming, hiking, mountain biking, running, and I even think I want to see if I can get him/her to sit still on a paddle board. Of course all in due time... has to grow up first.

I am sure I will have lots of questions... have one already and I will go find the right sub-formum to post in.

Sorry no pictures yet.

Re: Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 pm
by LyonsFamily
Welcome! Where's your pup coming from? 14 puppies, that's a whole lot! You sound like you have a lot of jobs for the dog, so I'm sure he'll/she'll be happy living there.

Re: Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 am
by Karin
It will be a Les Flores dog from Washington State. He said he ultra sounds to confirm pregnancy but doesn't do it just to get a final count. At the first ultra sound the guess was 8 and all were spoken for when I first contacted him.

I haven't heard from him. 14 sounds like it is a lot of work not just for the mom. So I'm trying not to bug Les for pictures or reports. ;-)

Re: Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 am
by leih merigian
Welcome, Karin, and congrats on getting a pup soonish :mrgreen:

I know how hard it is to wait at this point, but you probably have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for your little darling :lol:

Re: Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:51 pm
by Anubis
Hi! Karin,
I have been following Les Flores Kennel too because I am planning to get one from him next year. Yours is of Funky x Eran!!!
Please please please...let me know how your puppy is when it arrives. I have been receiving a lot of NEGATIVE reviews from other GSD protection sport group about the DS - nervy, super environment sensitive, owner/handler agressive, but I want to know for myself if that is true.
Pictures are up on Facebook. Puppies will be at the baby agility playground Friday. So exciting!
By the way, I am from Palmdale, CA!
Congratulations! I think you made the RIGHT choice on the breeder. :)

Re: Hello From Lake Tahoe CA

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am
by anniewang83
Congrats!!! Sounds like you'll have loads of stuff planned for your new pup. You must be so excited about bringing it home soon. Best of luck and see you on this forum!