Page 1 of 1

Should greet myself... from VT!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:04 pm
by Sarahk
Hello all,
I've posted on a few topics so far, but since this seems like a rather small community I should introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I live in Vermont. I recently found out about the breed in February, fell in love, and decided I am going to get one! I currently have a Vizsla, which is a very high energy breed for those of you who are not familiar (but my family dog growing up is a Beagle--and still around!), and a cat who generally lives under the bed.

I have always wanted a Shepherd, and when I discovered this breed I was so excited because GSD's are so over-bred and have some issues that seem to be arising. I would like to own a DS within the year, as soon as some hopefully job advancing changes happen!

Thanks, and look forward to meeting some of you!

Re: Should greet myself... from VT!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:07 pm
by Karin
Hi Sarah.

Karin in CA waiting for my first DS... only 5.5 more weeks to go!!!! I have a pup on the ground in WA state. Just waiting... very impatiently as well. Welcome. I just joined the forum as well.

Re: Should greet myself... from VT!

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 am
by feraloup
Welcome! Sorry, I'd have greeted you sooner, but I have not been on the forum in over a week, I'm usually at least lurking and keeping up with activity here even if not posting much but alas. The past week and a half have not been normal and I'm trying to resurface a little.

I'm a fellow Vermonter and have my first Dutch, a nine month ol
d named Mokume. "Moko" for short. :) Saw you were "local" and wanted to give a shout-out!

Re: Should greet myself... from VT!

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome Sarah and Stig

Re: Should greet myself... from VT!

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:27 pm
by Sarahk
feraloup wrote:Welcome! Sorry, I'd have greeted you sooner, but I have not been on the forum in over a week, I'm usually at least lurking and keeping up with activity here even if not posting much but alas. The past week and a half have not been normal and I'm trying to resurface a little.

I'm a fellow Vermonter and have my first Dutch, a nine month ol
d named Mokume. "Moko" for short. :) Saw you were "local" and wanted to give a shout-out!

Whoa! Great to see another Vermonter! Whereabouts are you located? I met one couple with a DS in Burlington, and heard of another one in Burlington as well, so it's pretty interesting to find other people in a small state who know of the breed. I like it how not many people are aware of this breed... makes them so much more unique. I've contacted Asheley over at Vrijheid Kennels, because I think her dogs are so beautiful. Where did you get yours?