Page 1 of 1
Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:20 pm
by GruandMinions
We are new to this board - found it while researching color genetics! We have a 26 month old male mal/dutch named Gru (I call him different things at different times - mal colored out of dutch parents, so whatever

) He is out of Jasko le Dobry (Basco vd Pioniershof x Bayca) and Kira v Leeuwen (Wibo x Anne). We are currently prepping him for PSA with aspirations of trialing for his PDC and PSA1 early next year. my previous working dog experience was always with dobermanns; it took some heartbreak before I switched to a healthier breed.
I will probably be mostly lurking. I want to learn about bloodlines - most of the dutch kids I have personal access to are KNPV unregistered lines with Rudie Pegge backgrounds. I'm interested in learning more about some of the FCI IPO lines because I never seem to personally get to see those dogs work. We will be starting to search for a new pup sometime early next year ( I'm a crazy person - finally get the one I have under control and ready to trial, then start over with a new pup!)
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:56 pm
by TexasMedy
Welcome to the forum. My girl Medy comes from Basco's sister Boya and Urban Rocko van de vastenow. Good luck on your search. Le Dobry was originally a Doberman kennel. Maybe you know them from their Doberman days?
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:31 pm
by Selena
Huh? If i remember correctly Kira was ablack female out of anne x wibo, you should get black or brindled dogs with a brindle dog....
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm
by GruandMinions
Selena,
I know. I don't really understand the color genetics, but.... Kira is a black female and Jasko was a dark brindle male. Their litter produced ten puppies, and four were a light fawn color. all males. Like I said, I don't know how that happened. I *think* that was the only time Kira was bred - she is working for a police dept now - and Jasko was definitely the father. So I couldn't tell you how it happened.
I do know le Dobry kennel slightly from their Dobermann days. My dogs did have some le Dobry lines a few generations back in their pedigree - Hertog Alpha le Dobry, I think.
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:38 pm
by Selena
Well fawn only could happen if Jasko also had mals in his lines, which undoublty says Jasko's pedigree on paper isn't his real bloodline. At least 1 mal close by, 'cause kira has mal on fathers side in 2nd degree. Were the dark ones brindles or black?
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 pm
by GruandMinions
I don't know. I didn't see the dark color pups in person, just on video, and I can't really tell for sure... looking at it more closely, I'd say black. The only ones that were still there when I went to choose my puppy were three fawn colored males. Kira was definitely black, and she was definitely the mom. I can't comment on the accuracy of Jasko's FCI pedigree

We all know how pedigrees can go. I might have been wrong about the number of puppies in that litter (looking at the video), too (I was there for over an hour picking the puppy, and I might not have been absorbing the conversation well. haha) I thought the breeder was a very good guy (and wife), and I definitely trust them. I really liked the way the pups had been raised and how good the parents looked.
Let's see if this works...
this is the video of the litter at four weeks. I don't see brindling, the black ones look black to me.
http://youtu.be/LKzB0iUQ3Nk
and just one of the (black? looks black to me) ones
http://youtu.be/nPRiVyhGs58
I mean, either way, I like my dog. I got him to work him, and he's very good at it

He has great entries, very solid nerves, and hard grips; very good hunt drive. Protective but still social. Stubborn and pretty much impervious to correction (which I was kinda expecting, I have heard that about your dogs, Selena - lol) but so easily motivated by simple markers and toys that we don't have too many communication problems. My training group is not really a 'sport' group per se, more of an amalgam of LE officers, personal protection dogs, and some that are training for sport like me but with more variety thrown in, and every new person that has seen my dog work (or caught him!) has wanted to know his lines and been impressed (or tried to buy him, I have some standing offers haha). So all in all, I'm happy

Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 pm
by MeganBays
I believe Kira also had a litter to a dog named Sambo. Sambo was supposed to be out of a dog named Axel and then Risen Star's Amber. There are two of her offspring in CA; one a brindle male, and the other a black female.
Best of luck in PSA with your boy!
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:09 pm
by GruandMinions
Ah. Like I said, I am definitely fuzzy on the conversation we had at the time. I have talked to them a few times since, just to give updates and such, but we didn't really discuss it.
Thank you for the luck

we need it!
Re: Greetings from Georgia!
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 am
by Selena
The Hern family are indeed very nice people. The came over to pick Kira up. Kira is a sister of megan's Hedwig (loki). I also thought Kira had 2 litters