Page 1 of 1

First Dutchie!!

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:16 am
by Tomoe
Hello all,
Tomo is our first dutchie, prev had a GSD...She is an amazing pup, has so much potential and never seen a pup with more ball drive. We are in basic obedience classes now, and i would like to get her advanced and into protection work as it is my occupation as well(just not as a handler). Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated! She is about 4months now, picked her up at 12 weeks.

Re: First Dutchie!!

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 am
by johninny
congratulations. looks like a beautiful coat. where did you get her? do you have more pics by any chance?

Re: First Dutchie!!

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 pm
by Dutchringgirl
she is beautiful !!!!

Re: First Dutchie!!

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:34 pm
by LyonsFamily
What a cutie. As for the protection training, does the company you work for recommend or require a specific trainer for protection work? They would be the first I would contact for a trainer referral. Other than that, keep up with the basic obedience and build the tug drive. Leerburg has a good video on puppy foundations for bitework.

Re: First Dutchie!!

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:47 am
by Tomoe
Thank you all! I am absolutely amazed at her intelligence and drive...just incredible and inspiring lol.

Lyons-I am a private contractor, I do diplomatic/executive protection so no company recommendations as I have my own..The breeder was Maces malanois in PA. Its where we go for basic obedience and I work with her a good hour a day at least on tug/bite work and obedience as well. Really I need training as much as her, so I would need the schooling equally if not more. When we get to the stages where she is advanced enough I will start the protection work in jest. Mace has a place he works with in the dogs he supplies to LE/Mil. so I have talked to him about going the same route.

Dutchringgirl- Pics to come, need to resize images..thank you for the compliment! Thinking about picking up her sister too as the 13Y.O. Westie we have doesnt have the spunk she needs as a pup to play..

Re: First Dutchie!!

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 am
by Dark Side
Pretty girl !! :)