Page 1 of 1
Hello from Virginia
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm
by ddlexis
Fellow dutch shepherd owner saying hello. I train any breed of for fun. I have been training 17 years, and I started with GSD's. I finally graduated to Mals and Dutchies about 8 years ago and have never looked back.

I currently have a 2 year old female named Ziva. Here is a link to her pedigree.
http://www.bloedlijnen.nl
Best Regards,
David
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:36 am
by johninny
hi David, Welcome! where in VA are you? would love a pic or more of Ziva.
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 am
by ddlexis
I have more and tried to upload a pic but it kicked it out saying file to big? What am I doing wrong?
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:40 am
by johninny
the photo file needs to be re-sized before up-loading. I think the max kb is 512.
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:39 pm
by ddlexis
Anyone here a Mac person? My son is gone and I am having trouble resizing the pics of Ziva to share here on the forum.
Thanks in advance,
David
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:47 pm
by johninny
sorry, computers confuse me thoroughly and for the longest time I did not post. I have only finally managed to re-size photos using PMB [ whatever that stands for?], which is software that came with my sony camera. I can say that that software for pics and videos is great, does everything I would ever want [ and probably much more ], and is so simple even I can use it.
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 pm
by Sugars Mom
I use a mac and I can't get photos to post directly to the forum either, so I use Picasa. Its easy and free (you just have to sign up). Just drag and drop the photos from your computer to the Picasa album, and then post from there. The only time I need to resize from there is for the avatar and signature.
Others use flicker....
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 pm
by ddlexis
What about security risks with Picasa or Flickr? For now anyone interested can view Ziva and past k9's on my youtube channel. ddlexis
Remember I'm a enthusiast so keep that in mind
Any criticism, laughs, or feedback is welcome.
Best regards,
David
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 am
by Sugars Mom
You can set it up for private or public viewing. The security risks wouldn't be any diff then YT I would expect...
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:50 am
by ddlexis
Ok great!
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 am
by TexasMedy
Welcome to the forum! With Mac let's say you have the picture open on your desktop or wherever.
From menu at top of screen select "tools"
Then drag down in pop up window to
"Adjust size"
Now reduce the width or height to get desired size. The size (kb) is displayed at bottom of pop up window.
Save the new size photo. I make sure I am working with a copy of original as this is not a desirable photo for your album once re-sized.
Re: Hello from Virginia
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 pm
by ddlexis
Thanks for the help!
