Page 1 of 1

Taking the plunge!

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:51 pm
by Asha
Well I'm finally making the commitment and calling Asha a Dutch Shepherd, if she turns out to be a pitbull/rat terrier mix well... I love her just the same and actually recommend the breed for anyone who wants a beautiful, intelligent pup!
So a little about us, we have 2 daughters 4 and 5 and live in the country with lots of room for Asha to run. We have a beagle named Charlie, who Asha adores, and while a definite member of the family, he isn't really a leash dog, especially while pushing a stroller! I haven't had a companion dog for about 7 years. so it's long overdue!
Onto Asha, she was found with 3 other pups on our rural road very late at night a few weeks ago. My neighbor asked everyone on the road about them, no info, save for one man who said it's the second time the same look of pup has been abandoned there. The vet seemed pretty confused by her and said she was most likely GSD mix, so for about a week I googled pics of dogs and kept coming across the forum. After reading about the temperament of the DS and seeing so many pups that looked like her I decided to start asking questions here and now believe that she is definitely at least part DS. She is about 10 weeks old and is amazingly smart! she barely needs a leash for walks and is constantly looking at my face while on and off the leash. She's close to house broke, and when she needs to go out in the morning she licks my face and bites at my fingers to get me to take her out. She likes for me to go with her outside and HATES being left on a dog line, so I try to avoid it if possible. I'm not sure if she likes the water but she followed me right into the water and swam circles around me until I got out. She's also protective of the kids and gives a few cute little barks and low growls if anyone comes near us when were in the car. ANyway...as u can tell we love her so very much and look forward to sharing her life with you folks and learning about your pups!

Re: Taking the plunge!

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:56 pm
by johninny
it sounds like she will have a very good life and that you will all be very happy. Congratulations on your DS!