Page 1 of 1
Greetings from Europe
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm
by susanna
So Im 23 years old woman, got my DS couple years ago.
We train tracking,search,agility and obedience. She is 4-years old longhaired female. Very dominant, and sharp.
Brave, want to climp everything, once top of the swimming tower.Smart, shuts up lights,open doors, everything.Sensible to moods,but easy to guide.
Re: Greetings from Europe
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 am
by Childsey1
Welcome,
You have a lovely looking dog, how's the tracking going? Amber is my 14 month old bitch Dutch herder, I find she tends to rush her tracking especially when the wind blows in her direction, she will skip a few steps.
What sorts of search work do you do? I'm awaiting my truffle kit from France, I'm in the uk and can't wait to put amber nose to the test, oh and earn me some money!! Lol
Although amber is short haired she not far off the length of yours, unlike her siblings.
Rgds
Paul
Re: Greetings from Europe
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:16 pm
by susanna
We tend to have same proplem year ago. We trained people tracking and bloodtrack at the same time, thats why. Nowadays searching people uses airscent more, bloodtrack nose is down, and goes very well.
Make sure to keep learn periods easier at first,so that wont happen- When skips,I tend to start over. My dog tried when tracking human scent on field, skip to the end where the scent is more fresh. Got over objects,staight to the end. So started again.and again. Finally,she realized.
When searching humans from forest, if wind blows,goes on the ground scent.
Allthough we learned to search coins, bottles, etc. Next this fall,going to search mushrooms.
easy,cause these are guick learners from the dogs I know.
Have to say,works better when older

focuses more.
Re: Greetings from Europe
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 pm
by Sugars Mom
Welcome and beautiful girl.
Re: Greetings from Europe
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm
by Childsey1
Hey susanna,
I agree with you there on bloodtrack and people search at the same time, thing is amber is not yet doing people tracking only bloodtrack, she skips a few because she rushes, kibble is put in maybe every 5th footstep, as you may guess she skips the ones without a reward, this is not acceptable with ipo, also I think she going through a goofy stage at 14 months old, I need her to hold her concentration more.
Are you training for anything in particular or just for fun? Where in Europe are you
Re: Greetings from Europe
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 pm
by Vhyran
Hello,
Very beautiful girl! I love the long haired DS too!

Please keep us up to date with photos.
Greetings!