Page 1 of 1
Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:57 am
by Jennyt0319
I adopted/rescued this beautiful brindle mix at eight weeks old in March 2013. At the shelter, she was with her two sisters who also got adopted shortly after her. She is incredibly intelligent and her personality is sweet/playful etc but also protective. My fiancee and I could not be happier with her! It was an instant connection first time I picked her up. I believe she is pure bred Dutchie. What do you guys think? (I have ran into a DS breeder at the dog park and he said she might be mixed with Basenji. He saw her when she was younger though.) She is around 7 months old now and probably around 33-38 ish pounds. I havent check her weight in a month but she is all leg and muscle.

I am excited to be apart of the forum!

The last pic she is all bundle up like a kangaroo.
This is Kora around 8 weeks:

Two months later:

3 months later with her ears popped up:

More recent pics between 6&7 months old:

Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:13 am
by johninny
looks like a full-bred DS to me. sounds like you are both very lucky. great that you rescued. my first was a rescued DS and he amazed me almost every day of his life for almost 13 years, one shocker of intelligence and deep understanding after another. I was never prepared for the next step - always thought that the smarts could not get more complex, but they did!
absolutely beautiful coat - the reds - and that white patch that I love.
where in TN are you?
Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am
by Revhendo
What a cutie. She has a lot of the DS features. If you get to the point where you think if she had thumbs, she would rule the world, then I would say she definitely is.
Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 am
by Revhendo
What a cutie. She has a lot of the DS features. If you get to the point where you think if she had thumbs, she would rule the world, then I would say she definitely is.
Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:52 pm
by Stacy_R
Revhendo wrote:If you get to the point where you think if she had thumbs, she would rule the world, then I would say she definitely is.
True statement!!!
Welcome! She is a beauty!
Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 pm
by Revhendo
Stacy_R wrote:Revhendo wrote:If you get to the point where you think if she had thumbs, she would rule the world, then I would say she definitely is.
True statement!!!
Welcome! She is a beauty!
Must've been so true it needed to be repeated. I've no idea how that happened.....
Re: Hello from TN!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:37 pm
by Jennyt0319
Revhendo wrote:Stacy_R wrote:Revhendo wrote:If you get to the point where you think if she had thumbs, she would rule the world, then I would say she definitely is.
True statement!!!
Welcome! She is a beauty!
Must've been so true it needed to be repeated. I've no idea how that happened.....
Thank you! It is definitely an exciting journey with her every day!
