Hello from Arizona

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
demonshalo
Just Whelped
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Lindsey and I have a five year old boxer named Roo and a five month old DS named Eris. My girls are wonderful and Eris is beginning to learn her manners. Luckily I have an older, low energy dog to calm her down some! Love them, they are like my and my husband's kids!!

Hello from Arizona

Post by demonshalo »

Hello~

My name is Lindsey and I live in Arizona. My husband and I rescued a four month old female DS about a month ago. Her name is Eris and she is wonderful. I have a five year old female boxer, roo, who would love on anyone as they robbed our house so its nice to have a five month old puppy who sounds an alarm. Unfortunately she hasn't figured out that bugs, birds, doors closing, and any other tiny sound isn't an intruder! But she's learning. Thank God she is cute :D

We have her, and the older dog, in basic obedience classes. This is a refresher for my low energy boxer who would rather just sleep. Once I get Eris fit with pretty manners I'll be putting her in protection training and sniff training. It will be fun for both of us to learn!

Manners are a must and I watch a lot of dog whisperer, love Cesar, and its done wonders with my previous counter surfing boxer. She ate two tomatoes, an onion, and two cloves of garlic once while being babysat by a friend! She's also eaten a carton of raw eggs, among many other things. Now she doesn't even look on the counter. The puppy is new and probably annoying to her but she handles the little one with grace. Its been so fun having a DS, and the low energy dog is making her a little lower energy too! I'm looking forward to all the advanced training I will get to do with the newest addition to our family!

I'm so glad to have found this forum and I look forward to meeting everyone!! Thanks for having me!
Lindsey and the kiddos

"Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend...never had a dog." ~Unknown
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by johninny »

great introduction. WELCOME and thanks for joining.
my 2 youngest DS puppies [ yes, I have 3 DS puppies at once !] not only eat tomatoes [ all 3 do ], they harvest them from the garden. the youngest one - almost 4 months old - has even decided which type he likes the most - Sungold - and hunts specifically for them and goes bug-eyed when he sees them. the Sungolds happen to be one of my 2 favorite tomato varieties, so I am a bit upset [ but a bit proud also ] that my puppy has such good taste!
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
demonshalo
Just Whelped
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Lindsey and I have a five year old boxer named Roo and a five month old DS named Eris. My girls are wonderful and Eris is beginning to learn her manners. Luckily I have an older, low energy dog to calm her down some! Love them, they are like my and my husband's kids!!

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by demonshalo »

Who knew tomatoes were such a treat for them? lol My husband has a garden that he has set up as an aquaponics system so luckily the grow beds are up off the ground where the dogs can't get them. He only has to deal with the squirrels!
Lindsey and the kiddos

"Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend...never had a dog." ~Unknown
johninny
Working Dog
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612
Location: NH/hamptons/nyc

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by johninny »

I know! my old DS Tracedog would never touch fruit or veggies unless, as I did, I hid them in his food. my current crew will come sit in front of me to demand slices of orange or grapefruit! you know if they love that, melon, banana, carrots are no problem. won't eat raspberries though, which under the circumstances I find strange. I think they dislike the texture so much that they have not even gotten to the taste.
just a thought that did not occur before, WebMD.com has a great section called ''foods your dog should never eat''. it is very good and thorough except it misses walnuts. I pride myself on knowing this stuff, but I still review it occasionally just for a re-fresh.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Post Reply