Page 1 of 1
Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm
by Stacy_R
Not all dog breeds stop growing at the same age... So at what age is it typical for a DS to stop growing?
Right now Tyson is 11 months old and around 23 inches tall at the shoulders weighing around 42 lbs.
Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 am
by TexasMedy
Medy might have grown an inch in height from 11 months to now at 18 months. She put on maybe 5lb during that time. She is about 24.5 and 65lbs. I doubt she gets much taller but will fill out as she matures. she is very lean. I would think the growth period will vary from line to line and even dog to dog.
Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:33 am
by johninny
i'm not sure i'm qualified to answer, but i have watched 5 of my total of 6 grow - but 2 of them are a lot younger than Tyson and have a lot of growing to do. it is my impression, however, that for all practical purposes most of the growth is done by c.12 months. Sakima is now 16 months or so; between c.10 months of age and 13 months, he added about 5 or 6 pounds [ from 59 to 65 ] and has stalled there since, if anything fluctuating downward from there and back up in slower periods.
in other words, Tyson probably has another 2 or 3 months of growth that will be noticeable and then a few more months of growth that will be hard to detect visually as it is going on. barring a late growth spurt - which others could probably point to as a possibility - this implies he may be in the 50-55lb. range by mid-2014. what a happy and lively presence he will be!
Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:40 pm
by Stacy_R
Thank you for the replies. I was thinking he would top out at around 50.
PS: John...you are more qualified than you give yourself credit for!!!
Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm
by Asha
PS: John...you are more qualified than you give yourself credit for!!!
I second that

Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:19 am
by Revhendo
Asha wrote:PS: John...you are more qualified than you give yourself credit for!!!
I second that

X3
Roo topped out at about 54 lbs. I'm not sure exactly how tall she is, but when she greets me by going between my legs, the top of her head is right at that 34" inseam. (I think she stretches for affect).
Re: Typical growth cycle of DS.
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 pm
by Stacy_R
Revhendo wrote:Roo topped out at about 54 lbs. I'm not sure exactly how tall she is, but when she greets me by going between my legs, the top of her head is right at that 34" inseam. (I think she stretches for affect).
She's just making sure you know who is in charge...
