Page 1 of 1

New To The Dutchy World

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm
by bpython24
Hi there!

I'm new to the world of Dutch Shepherds, but have owned dogs my whole life. Currently studying Animal Sciences and am looking at getting a Dutchy in the next year or so to start competing in Schuzthund and just to have a great companion. I am looking for any advice and information you guys can give me on reputable breeders, do's and don'ts for this particular breed, and any other sources of information. I hope to be hearing from some of you!

-Lauren

Re: New To The Dutchy World

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:39 pm
by Christie M
Welcome to the forum Lauren!!

Where are you studying at?

Re: New To The Dutchy World

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 pm
by bpython24
Thanks! I am currently at the University of Illinois. The program here is great, but very ag based, so lots of cows, pigs, sheep, and horses. My interest started in marine biology but I have shifted gears to dogs. I've trained several(including my own) and find it extremely rewarding. After I trained my first dutchy I fell in love. What is your experience with dogs and this breed?