Page 1 of 1
Maggie
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 am
by Maggie
Hello,
We are Mitzi and Rusty Milstein from Longview, TX. We had a Dutch Shepherd (dried on high, with no tail) - Judith will understand. Judith, if you read this please call us at 736.9050, or email at milstein at prodigy.net. Say hello to Guy, and we wish y'all a happy and healthy holiday.
Rusty Milstein
Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:06 pm
by icvanstra
Welcome to the gang!
Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm
by turnnburn52984
Welcome!
Re: Maggie
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:17 pm
by vneerland
Maggie wrote:Hello,
We are Mitzi and Rusty Milstein from Longview, TX. We had a Dutch Shepherd (dried on high, with no tail) - Judith will understand. Judith, if you read this please call us at <removed by admin>, or email at <removed by admin>. Say hello to Guy, and we wish y'all a happy and healthy holiday.
Rusty Milstein
Rusty,
You found me (via private email) before I found this message on the board (I was in Kansas at the time you posted this, so I was on list-leave) Welcome to our forum.
Rusty had a wonderful wonderful girl, named Maggie and I had the privilege to be her occasional babysit when her family was on the road. K9 officers would see little miss Maggie in my runs, with view of our training field, and wonder what kind of dog she was. It would never fail to answer that she was a miniature Groenendael

(called Belgian Sheepdog in the USA) when in fact, Maggie was a Schipperke. And what a joy she was!

Due to her, I have occasionally joked that there should be such a thing as an apartment sized DS. If they were all like Maggie, I would have a cool dozen of them. In loo of that, if I ever grow tired of my big brindles, the only breed I would consider for my smaller companion would be a Schipper. Thanks to miss Maggie, a great ambassador of a lovely breed.
I just heard that Maggie passed away last week. And while I don't often shed tears over dogs that I never owned, I did so for Maggie. Maybe Rusty can post a picture of her here, as an honorary non-brindle-all-black-pint-sized-DutchShepherd-with the heart-of-a-big-dog. I will miss you Maggie, but not as much as your family will be missing you.

Re: Maggie
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome!
Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years

Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:34 am
by vneerland
Marjolein wrote:Welcome!
Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years

Good idea. I will edit his post for him.
Re: Maggie
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 pm
by Marjolein
vneerland wrote:Marjolein wrote:Welcome!
Can I advise to get the e-mail adress and phone number out of the post, or write (at) instead of @ keeps you from being spammed for a couple of years

Good idea. I will edit his post for him.
bummer you forgot to edit your quote

Re: Maggie
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:04 pm
by icvanstra
Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:44 am
by Marjolein
Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:28 pm
by vneerland
Absolutely correct! I am not the tech support section, trust me.
And I will not mention that the Dutch hollander forum lost half its posts once when one of the mods tried to help the main mod/admin, right?

But admitted. I am mostly computer illiterate...

Re: Maggie
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:14 pm
by Marjolein