Page 1 of 1
Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:25 pm
by Carolinagirl
I'd love to hear more about your Rough Coated DS. I got a male pup last week and so far, I adore him! He is very intelligent and is fitting into our household beautifully. Specifically, I'd love to hear more about their grooming needs. I would like to show him UKC so I'll need to learn to hand strip.
Re: Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:11 pm
by Raven
Do a search for posts by a member named Jan. To memory, they were the only ones who contributed regularly, though haven't been on in a long time.
Re: Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:17 pm
by LyonsFamily
Did you buy Anita's last puppy? I'm trying to get a rough coat in a year or two. I've been talking to Anita a lot about them. Anita offered me that pup, but the timing isn't right for us here. There's a breeder in Indiana looking to co-own a male that we might consider.
Hand stripping a DS isn't hard. You'll likely find more information about the hunting breeds that need to be hand stripped since DS are so few. Check out the pet groomer forums. I groom professionally and those forums are a big help. I'm on there as SetterGirl.
http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat/fo ... -Stripping
Re: Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:35 pm
by Carolinagirl
thanks for that link! I'll check it out.
And yep...I did buy him. I adore this pup! We picked him up Friday right before Christmas. The timing wasn't perfect for me, but I knew I could not pass on this pup. I really like Anita and she was driving distance, so we got him. He's going to work out great for us.
Re: Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 pm
by LyonsFamily
Carolinagirl wrote:thanks for that link! I'll check it out.
And yep...I did buy him. I adore this pup! We picked him up Friday right before Christmas. The timing wasn't perfect for me, but I knew I could not pass on this pup. I really like Anita and she was driving distance, so we got him. He's going to work out great for us.
I'm so glad you joined the forums then. You're going to have to post lots of stories and pictures on how he's doing so I can get even more excited about getting one.
Re: Does anyone here besides me have a Rough Coated?
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 pm
by Carolinagirl
I am sure I will be posting frequent updates. If he turns out like I hope, I will be looking for a good female pup next year. I may even import to help the genetics in this country a bit. At any rate, I am looking forward to this. He is a wonderful pup.