New member! Meet Jerry Lee

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
User avatar
JerryLeeK9
Puppy
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm
Tell us about yourself: First time shepherd rescue who has wanted a pure shepherd since I was a kid. Now that I have the finances and space for it I took the plunge and I think I may have ended up with a part Dutchie! As soon as I met him my reserves for a pure GSD went out the window

New member! Meet Jerry Lee

Post by JerryLeeK9 »

Hello all! New member here. Just wanted to introduce myself and Jerry Lee. I have always wanted a GSD but I fell in love with this guy at a rescue kennel. It was over quickly when he immediately leaned into me and then onto his back for some belly action. I turned to this forum earlier this week to seek if Jerry is a DS mix and most seem to think he is GSD/DS, indeed. I am excited no matter what. His temperament and character are 1 in a 100 and I just had to rescue him. He began heart worm treatment yesterday and starting Friday, he will be home with me by his side to keep him comfy and probably very spoiled during his full recovery.

I'll update the progress as he settles in. Thanks for your help already, guys. I've learned a lot about Dutchies and I have to say they are such an impressive breed... just amazing.
Attachments
WP952014010495002.jpg
WP952014010495002.jpg (281.14 KiB) Viewed 977 times
JerryLee02.jpg
JerryLee02.jpg (275.64 KiB) Viewed 977 times
JerryLee01.jpg
JerryLee01.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 977 times
User avatar
LyonsFamily
Training Dog
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am
Tell us about yourself: Odin 5 years
Elli 5 years
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: New member! Meet Jerry Lee

Post by LyonsFamily »

Welcome! He's a very good looking boy. I'm not a big fan of the way GSDs look, just a personal preference, but Jerry Lee is really nice looking. You probably got the best of both worlds there and hopefully the GSD will tone down the DS craziness and make him a nice family pet. I'm glad you guys found each other and that you were able to rescue a dog, especially one that needs a nice place to recover. That leaning/flop to belly thing was what Odin did at his foster home to win me over. These guys are quite the charmers.
Stephanie
'Odin' NV PTA Odin of Another Kingdom RL1
'Elli' Drawing Our Own Constellations RL1 CGC CGCA
User avatar
JerryLeeK9
Puppy
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm
Tell us about yourself: First time shepherd rescue who has wanted a pure shepherd since I was a kid. Now that I have the finances and space for it I took the plunge and I think I may have ended up with a part Dutchie! As soon as I met him my reserves for a pure GSD went out the window

Re: New member! Meet Jerry Lee

Post by JerryLeeK9 »

Yea he definitely has some GSD to him but I think I really am getting the best of both worlds. JL is a pretty calm and attentive guy (UNLESS HE SEES FOOD!!) though. So, whatever % of DS he is, it must be a calm, mild tempered one.
Post Reply