Page 1 of 1

Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 am
by LyonsFamily
I'm hoping everyone here will appreciate the genius behind Odin's newest super talent. I posted last year how Odin developed the ability to tell us when dinner was done cooking, well his nose is at it again.

As most of you know, Elli has some strange poop problems resulting from a surgery she had as a puppy. Mainly she gets diarrhea easily (which we have completely under control now with the raw diet and a few supplements) and the other is that she's not able to hold it very long. When she has to go, she has to go. She doesn't give much warning, and I'm working on teaching her stronger signals and how to potty on command. Most of that has been very successful. Well, as of this week, we no longer need that training.

Odin has taken it upon himself to notify us 15 minutes before Elli is even aware she has to go outside. He's been doing this for a week or so, but I thought it was just a coincidence until tonight. As we were going to bed, Odin asked my husband to let Elli out of the crate. I thought it was because he wanted to sleep in there and gave in to his sad eyes. When I opened it, he immediately woke up Elli, smelled her butt and gave the signal that he wanted to go outside. When we went to the door, he stayed in and Elli ran into the field to do her business. She didn't even know she had to go and probably would've woke up panicking in the middle of the night. Odin saved us all from a smelly wake up. :wtg:

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 am
by Owned-By-Hendrix
**like**

Way to go Odin! That's so cute he's helping Elli and you out. The sniffing the butt thing is just too funny (in my head he's almost going "let me double check... Oh yeah she has GOT to go outside!") but it's so smart of him to put that nose to good work! What a genius boy!

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:16 am
by johninny
love these dogs - and they are our dogs. so comforting that they have each other's and our backs.

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:21 pm
by Stacy_R
Odin...you are my hero!!!
I love that dog!!

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm
by Asha
Wild!! Imagine the possibilities of having Odin around a potty training child :D

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:34 pm
by Stacy_R
Asha wrote:Wild!! Imagine the possibilities of having Odin around a potty training child :D
The visual I just had was awesome...thank you Emily!!!
:lol: :wtg: :lmao:

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:50 pm
by Dutchringgirl
HAHAHAHAHA Yeah, lets skip the visual............too late LOL

That is so great. Maybe she is letting gas out before the main event so he smells the farts and knows what is next?

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm
by HeatherH
Way to go! gotta loves these dogs :wtg:

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm
by feraloup
Odin is so flipping awesome! I love your dog! :) :DScool:

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:19 am
by LyonsFamily
I'm glad you all liked the story. He's such a good boy, really makes his mom proud.

Re: Poop Detective

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:26 pm
by Sugars Mom
Holy crap Stephanie! What an amazing talent Odin has! Looks like a match made in heaven with Odin and Elli :wtg: