Page 1 of 1

Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 am
by butterflyrush
Hi all! My name's Chelsea and I stumbled across this site when looking up DS for adoption.

I'm a 19 year old nursing major here and my husband and I rescued our girl, Shy Anne (aka - Shy, Shyball) in September and we just love everything about her.
When we got her they said she was a Black Lab mix, which we knew wasn't right! So we did some research on our own and with our vet and uncovered she was indeed a Dutch girl.

Shy is smart most of the time - she can get a trick down pat in 1-2 days. BUT we've had the HARDEST time getting her potty trained and leash trained. She's getting better about both. The shelter we got her from said they had never put her on a leash nor had they ever tried any potty training. She goes on those mats, but we're trying to encourage her to go outside. She refuses to potty on her leash, so we're trying to work on that, too.

Anyways, I think it's great that there's a forum for DS owners and thanks for reading! :D

And once I figure out how to post photos I will!

Re: Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43 pm
by icvanstra
Chelsea,

Welcome to the group and thank you for adopting a rescue!

eric

Re: Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Chelsea! Thank you for adopting.
When potty training, have you considered using a crate to aid you? I don't know how old Shy is, but pups potty after they eat, after they sleep and after they play. Pretty much all of the time :mrgreen: All :roll: you have to do is beat them to it. ;)

Re: Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 pm
by Christie M
Hey there,

Welcome to the forum! Where in TN are you? I moved to Cooekville about 3 years ago. There are an unfortunate number of DS being produced in this state :-( We would love to see pictures of your new girl!!

Re: Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:57 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, Chelsea and Shy!

Don't forget to create a signature so you don't have to manually sign your posts each time.

Looking forward to learning more about your girl (how old? pics, of course!) and to having you in the group.

Re: Hello from TN!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook: