Page 1 of 1

New to the forum and to Dutch Shepherds but not dogs

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:55 am
by RomansGirl
Hello, we wanted to pop in and introduce ourselves. Isis is our young Dutch Shepherd puppy, we thought that she was just going to be with us for a short time while her "owners" tried to find a place where they could keep her but as it turns out they werent looking at all and had no intention on coming back for Isis. They told us that she was a Pit Bull but as a former pit bull breeder I knew right off that she wasnt a pit. I have to admit that the first couple weeks with her I barely slept because all she did all night long was CRY and I dont mean whine and howl for half an hour and go to sleep cuddled with her teddy bear. I mean full on SCREAMING and HOWLING like I was chopping off her paws little by little and it was all night long! My son who knows the "owners" told me that they got her when she was barely 2 weeks old so her breeding cant be the best in the world. I need to know what I am in for as I have never had a Dutch Shepherd before. She seems really smart and has already learned Sit and is learning Down.

Re: New to the forum and to Dutch Shepherds but not dogs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:19 pm
by johninny
thank you for taking her in.
but, OMG, you have your hands full with so many family members!

can we see photos of her?

Re: New to the forum and to Dutch Shepherds but not dogs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:12 pm
by karenz
Welcome. Post some pics. We love pics.

Re: New to the forum and to Dutch Shepherds but not dogs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:51 pm
by RomansGirl
There are days that I dont have time to get my homework for college done till late at night. Two of the dogs that we have came from the same family, Hailie our black and sable GSD and Demon Shadow our Pit Bull. Isis is such a cute girl but she has a big issue with separation anxiety. I think a lot of that comes from her being taken away from her mom too soon.
Image