Page 1 of 1

Hi from Georgia

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:59 pm
by blakinator
Hi my name is Blake. I am a firefighter for a class one department in Ga. Married for 4 years to my best friend and mother of my two year old daughter. Two days ago we brought a 10 week old dutch shepherd / belgian malinois mix into our home. Belle is a very loving and extremely intelligent puppy. We have discovered there is not a ton of breed specific information out there. I especially am excited to start working with her and have considered several different avenues to train her in. In the last few months we lost our 5 year old blue dobe. She was trained by me and a k-9 unit officer I used to be stationed with. No bite work, but she knew close to 30 different commands. We had a hard time with losing a member of our family whom played such a huge part in our lives from protector, running partner, and therapist.

My goal here is to learn as much as I can from others mistakes and successes. So if you have any helpful info I would love to hear it. Thanks and have a good day!

Re: Hi from Georgia

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:11 pm
by Mobil
Welcome to the forum, Blake!

The rules state that you must post puppy pictures.



Okay, no they don't, but we really like them! :g_wink:

Re: Hi from Georgia

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:08 am
by blakinator
Haven't been able to due to size of photos taken by S5. Will keep trying though.

Re: Hi from Georgia

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:42 am
by johninny
Welcome!

good luck with the pup. they are really special dogs.