Page 1 of 1

Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 am
by brian88glide
Hello and good tidings to all. My wife and I live in the woods in Louisiana with a crew of working dogs which now includes a 6 month old DS "Nika". Hope to get to meet some of you and share insight into the wonderful DS.

Hiya Judith :yeah:

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 am
by Christie M
Welcome to the group! I am sure you will find lots of wonderful interaction and some great people here.

Can you make our lives easier? We would love it if you could visit your User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. That way you don't have to sign your posts and we always know who we are talking to :-) You can also upload pictures as an avatar or as part of your signature. We LOVE pictures!!!

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 am
by Dutchringgirl
Welcome !!

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 am
by Raven
Greetings! I'm sure there's another member who will be happy to see someone from your neck of the woods...if you don't already know/know of her!

Mmmm, yes...pictures of dogs at work! And not just the DS.

P.S.: Did you get your Nika from Judith's brood?

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 am
by brian88glide
Raven wrote:Greetings! I'm sure there's another member who will be happy to see someone from your neck of the woods...if you don't already know/know of her!

Mmmm, yes...pictures of dogs at work! And not just the DS.

P.S.: Did you get your Nika from Judith's brood?
Hiya Raven .... We will try to put up some pictures.... no actually our Dutchie didn't come from Seven Pines but Judith is my go to person for DS insight. Really great people!! My theory has always been .... when you want to know something ya go to who is the best at what you want to know and learn from them. I'd be honored to own a dog from their program. :D

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 am
by brian88glide
Christie M wrote:Welcome to the group! I am sure you will find lots of wonderful interaction and some great people here.

Can you make our lives easier? We would love it if you could visit your User Control Panel and create a signature that includes your name. That way you don't have to sign your posts and we always know who we are talking to :-) You can also upload pictures as an avatar or as part of your signature. We LOVE pictures!!!
Hi Christie I will add a signature....Im still fumbling around the interface lol... Thanks

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm
by leih merigian
Hiya Brian!

Glad you joined us...will look forward to those pictures of Nika.

I have a 9 month old...we're in a similar boat<g>

What are your plans for her, over time?

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:26 pm
by GSDNanny
Say what!!? Another Cajun Dutchie? Where in Louisiana are you, pray tell? I am in Alexandria. There are only three DS in my area -- mine, the local APD k9 and one rescue that I adopted to a family here. Welcome aboard!!

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 pm
by brian88glide
GSDNanny wrote:Say what!!? Another Cajun Dutchie? Where in Louisiana are you, pray tell? I am in Alexandria. There are only three DS in my area -- mine, the local APD k9 and one rescue that I adopted to a family here. Welcome aboard!!
Hey there Nanny (homegirl) lol

We are in Elm Grove which is a small spot in the woods south of Bossier City. Nice to meet ya and hope to get to talk dogs with ya. We have a whole crew of working dogs in our little spot in the woods lol. Thanks for the introduction :D

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:46 pm
by GSDNanny
brian88glide wrote:
GSDNanny wrote:Say what!!? Another Cajun Dutchie? Where in Louisiana are you, pray tell? I am in Alexandria. There are only three DS in my area -- mine, the local APD k9 and one rescue that I adopted to a family here. Welcome aboard!!
Hey there Nanny (homegirl) lol

We are in Elm Grove which is a small spot in the woods south of Bossier City. Nice to meet ya and hope to get to talk dogs with ya. We have a whole crew of working dogs in our little spot in the woods lol. Thanks for the introduction :D

I know where Elm Grove is and have a lot of dog training buddies in your neck of the woods -- Shreveport and including NE TX; working k9s. Are you LE or train with a group there? What are your plans for your DS? I got my DS from the director of a k9 training group in Shreveport 5 yrs ago; rescued out of South TX. Am absolutely infatuated with my DS. Tell us more.

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 pm
by k9katet
Shreveport like in True Blood?

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm
by GSDNanny
k9katet wrote:Shreveport like in True Blood?

Yes indeed! That is where it is filmed.

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 pm
by Marjolein
Welcome! :dslook:

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 am
by vneerland
:wave: Hello Brian & Donna.
Let me tell you, he did not waste any time. I believe he met his first live DS here, and two weeks later, he found himself a pup in WV. Love at first bite? :lol:

Re: Hello from Louisiana USA

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 am
by brian88glide
vneerland wrote::wave: Hello Brian & Donna.
Let me tell you, he did not waste any time. I believe he met his first live DS here, and two weeks later, he found himself a pup in WV. Love at first bite? :lol:
:lol: when in Rome do as the Romans do Hi Judith and Guy lol How can anyone be around you and not want a Dutchie lol its catchy and its all your fault hahahaha...actually not my first one to meet but my first REAL one to meet ;)