Page 1 of 1

Hello! New from CT

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 am
by artistiklove
Hi everyone, my name's Becky and I'm currently loved by what a believe to be a Dutch Shepherd mix - Reggie. I stumbled across this forum because I am searching for a candidate to train as a personal service dog. Dutchies are high on my list becuase of their energy, drive, intelligence, size...the list goes on. I've also been in love with them since I was a kid. A little more about my Reg: I've never had actual, hands-on experience with the Dutch shepherd, but I've studied a lot about them. Reggie has a smooth coat, not the typical double coat, which I've seen in a few pictures of them. He also has ears that are more suitable to a pit, greyhound, or some other breed. He has a pretty noticable tuck-up, so a lot of people think he is a greyhound mix, but he is not the correct size, and his head is all wrong! He's super protective, but not scary, and I've never had a more loyal dog. Other than his coat and ears, the only other thing that keeps me questioning his breeds is the fact that he is soooo laid back. Don't get me wrong, he can go the distance when asked, but I had a stroke a couple years ago, and he stayed in bed with me for months! My boyfriend would take him out to go to the bathroom, and he wanted to come right back in. Just slept the whole time with me. He's also older - my guess is between 8 and 10 years old. Well, I guess that's enough rambling, I'm sure we'll both get a lot out if this forum :dsshock:

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 pm
by Dutchringgirl
Hey!!! where are you in ct??? Im in Southbury!

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:36 pm
by Raven
Hey, Becky. There's a lot of information kickin' around this forum, so do some poking around.

Our last DS wouldn't leave my husband's side when he got sick a few years back. They make you feel darn special, don't they?

Welcome to you and The Reg.

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 pm
by artistiklove
Lisa, I'm in Naugatuck - so not that far from you, actually. And thanks for the welcome :)

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:39 pm
by Kristie E
:dssmile: Hello!!

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 am
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook:

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 pm
by Dutchringgirl
artistiklove wrote:Lisa, I'm in Naugatuck - so not that far from you, actually. And thanks for the welcome :)
your right next door !!!!!

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm
by artistiklove
That's great, at least I know when I am able to get my new guy (or girl), there's someone who lives nearby that can maybe help me out! :)

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 pm
by Dutchringgirl
you bet, contact me anytime!

Re: Hello! New from CT

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 am
by leih merigian
Hi Becky!

I used to live in CT...Rowayton.

Glad you found us...