Endeavor's nosework

Have a photo you want to share?
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Endeavor's nosework

Post by TimL_168 »

So we've been taking a nosework class. She cleared all the boxes for food. Before I could call her out of the room, she did this. Guess where the venison is.
Last edited by centrop67 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken image link
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Endeavor's nosework

Post by centrop67 »

Hey Tim - I fixed your image link - hope I got the right one.
TimL_168 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm Guess where the venison is.
Behind the Jimi Hendrix poster?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

centrop67 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:44 pm Hey Tim - I fixed your image link - hope I got the right one.
TimL_168 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm Guess where the venison is.
Behind the Jimi Hendrix poster?
Thanks ! I saw it came up wrong. I've been meaning to make the time to follow the directions you posted.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
bigbear123
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dapper-April 2016
Stryker- June 2017
Big Bear-August 2018

Post by bigbear123 »

I was just reading your posts about Endeavor. I know these are old but this is so funny!! What a dog. Cool to read her story too
AJL
A girl and her dogs
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

SEL wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:36 am Smart girl, good nose!
Honestly, I wish it were better. I really think that she just doesn't have as strong of an olfactory sense as my last dog. She's got drive and determination to keep on looking, that's for sure. But she routinely cruises past scents that the order girl would get fish hooked by the nose on. :roll:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

She's a great tracker. But I'm always noticing things in training that she doesn't seem to catch.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I'm finding that Bramble isn't using her nose. We are pretty sure she is cheating and using her ears to track my son, despite our attempts to force her to use her nose.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs