Page 1 of 1

Hi, new member here!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 am
by Libbyt
Hi, my name is Libby and we've recently added a 2 year old Dutch Shepherd to our family. Her name is Sasha and she actually belongs to my daughter Sally, who is 21 and has developmental disabilities resulting from a very rare metabolic disorder called 3MGA. Sasha is her new BFF-roommate-protector-you name it! We have 3 Westies and 2 cats in our family as well, and Sasha has just fit in perfectly. She is still fascinated and somewhat distracted by the cats, but at this point it's pretty much all in fun - for her anyway! I will post some photos later when I have time to resize, just wanted to say hello to all on the board.

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:36 am
by Marjolein
Welcome :dslook:

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome, Libby!

I'm eager to hear more about Sasha...how she helps your daughter, etc.

Also, just FYI, you don't have to resize your photos for this site any longer! Just use a web place like photoshop, and once you've uploaded there and copied the link, you can put the link here and no resizing is needed! I love it.

Where did she come from?

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 pm
by Libbyt
Thanks for the welcome! Sasha helps primarily with Sally's severe anxiety; it was also important to us to have a dog that would protect Sally, since she spends a little bit of time at home alone during the day. I've checked that off my list of concerns - when Sasha barks and barrels over to the door, she's plenty intimidating. We couldn't have asked for a better match in terms of personality or temperament. We bought her from Dogs by Andy in Mooresville, NC; I had spoken with Andy on the phone and told him a little about Sally's needs, and Sasha was the only dog he showed us. By the 2nd or 3rd visit to his kennel, we knew she was the one - Sasha flopped over in Sally's lap and grinned with her big teeth showing, waiting to get her tummy scratched. Andy's a great matchmaker and trainer!

I'm going to try to post pics below.......

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:18 am
by Kristie E
Welcome!! She's very cute! Gwen likes our cat too! they play together. Yesterday I came downstairs to see the cat attacking Gwen over the back of the couch and Gwen putting the cat's head in her mouth. I broke up the play date with my "what the ##$$ is going on here?" They both looked at me with blank stares... :shock: "nuthin"

:mrgreen:

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:59 am
by Libbyt
Yeah, I think we're almost to that point with our cats and Sasha! Only one of the cats still runs from her, so, of course, she's only interested in THAT ONE. The other one is practically doing a handstand trying to get Sasha's attention to play, but no-go. She's hiding in a box right now and popping out her head when she hears Sasha's tags tinkling close by.

We're just now beginning to see her goofy-girl side. A while ago I saw her try to sneak down the stairs - she prances and lifts her feet up really high and smiles when she's trying to sneak up on something.

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:23 am
by BishonVonAachen
Welcome and congrats on Sasha. :wtg: I hope you have a ball with her and shes everything and more than what you hoped for . :ds: p.s. love the pic of her in the car

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 pm
by Libbyt
Thank you! I took Sasha to work with me today, since my daughter is at her respite program for the weekend. Had her in a meeting that was running longer than expected.........she got up and left the room and I figured she was going to my desk to lay down. Turns out she did go to my office, she got her tennis ball down off the desk, and brought it to me in the meeting, just like "I'm DONE with this boring meeting, let's play!!"

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:14 am
by Christie M
Hi there,

I love reading and seeing about all of Sasha'a talents and pictures!! If you have a chance, can you visit the user control panel and create a signature? That way you won't need to sign all of your posts!

Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hi, new member here!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 pm
by vneerland
Hello Herry,
Welcome here. If you don't mind, please post your own introduction under your own new message?