Page 1 of 1

Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:51 pm
by chuwy77
Hi everyone!
I would like to introduce myself, I'm Jeffrey Chua. It was love at first sight when I first saw/ rescue a dutchies.
( I used to work as shelter manager in my country). The first time I had my very first dutchies rescued from a breeder was a blast. I learned a lot about this breed but unfortunately I felt that I'm not fit to have one so I have her adopted out, then I was again had the opportunity to have one puppy (rescued from the military), confident this time because I took up some training course in the US) but then again I have him adopted out because after 4 months because the pup that I rescued was too much for my family to handle. I don't know if we just don't have a good dutchies breeder here. Till now I'm still waiting for the right dutch shepherd. Hoping to learn more here. Thank you!!!


Jeffrey Chua

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:53 pm
by Christie M
Hi Jefferey,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for helping to save the life of a few Dutch Shepherds through your shelter system. Since the Dutch Shepherd is primarily a working breed, they do tend to be difficult to keep as a normal house pet. They need considerable mental and physical stimulation. So it might not be that you are getting bad puppies. You are probably getting great puppies, it probably just means that perhaps this breed is not right for you. Keep looking, you may find a laid back, non-mouthy brindle kid....but that's not the norm.

We do appreciate the introduction. And thank you for signing your post! If you visit the User Control Panel, you can create a signature with your name and then they will be pre-signed every time that you post!

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 pm
by leih merigian
Welcome Jeffrey!

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:31 pm
by Marjolein
welcome :dslook:

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:47 am
by Kristie E
Welcome! Hope you will one day be confident to have a dutch of your own!

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:18 pm
by chuwy77
Thank you for the warm welcome!!!

Re: Hello from the Philippines

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm
by vneerland
Welcome Jeffrey. I had no idea that the Phillipino Military also used DS's. That's quite cool to know.
And I agree with the poster above. Keep looking, but (working line) DS's tend to be more than brindle ornaments. If you manage to channel that drive, they make great family members. Maybe your problem stems from the fact that the dogs were somebodies 'rejects' in the first place. And maybe it is just not your breed of choice, but regardless, thanks for rescueing and thanks for trying!