Hello from Toronto

For our new members to introduce themselves
Post Reply
Cooper
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a Dutch Shepherd
Location: Toronto

Hello from Toronto

Post by Cooper »

I am from Toronto,Canada.
I have a 7 month old female dutch shepherd. I got her from the Nanticoke Area and after reading the other posts from Ontario. I think she might be a litter mate our cousin from some of the others. I was told that she was the runt of the litter. She weighs 42lbs at 7 months.. Seems kind of small. But any dog under 100lbs seems small to me. Is that normal size for a dutch. I don't have the patience right now to figure out how to reformat my photos to post them using my iphone. I can email them to someone if you really want to see her.

The people that got there dogs from Nanticoke... Was the mom's name Zoey ?

Ohh almost forgot, my dogs name is Daisy..
Not my first dog just my first Duch Shepherd..
Pass the dutchie, on the left handside !

Cooper..Is my lastname
Cooper
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a Dutch Shepherd
Location: Toronto

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Cooper »

Here's a video link... This was I think 2 weeks after I brought her home. At my moms. She was fighting/herding my moms "doodles"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUOFUKr6gA
Pass the dutchie, on the left handside !

Cooper..Is my lastname
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Choochi »

Hey Cooper
Cuuuuute puppers!! I watched the video and I see a puppy playing not herding. She did a little bit of stalking for about 2 seconds but that's about it.

Google Have Ewe Heard, that's a place near Barrie that offers herding testing and classes. Her events are some times listed in the back of the Dogs in Canada magazines.
Choochi
Cooper
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a Dutch Shepherd
Location: Toronto

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Cooper »

Thanks for the info.. I checked out her website. I'm in North York area. Take her to Sunnybrook Park almost everyday
Pass the dutchie, on the left handside !

Cooper..Is my lastname
User avatar
icvanstra
Working Dog
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:33 am
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by icvanstra »

Personally - after watching the video I saw no fighting at all.

What I saw was dog's playing.

She may be a bit small. I have a rather small male. ... I stressed over it for a while and then got used to it.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
User avatar
Lavish
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: (Animal) Crazy people of the north ;)

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Lavish »

Wooo! Toronto!

If your girl is 7 Mos she's prob. litter mate to my Jetson and my moms girl Jazzy. I can't quite remember the dams name, other than it was very feminine. I have pic's of the dam and sire, I can send them to you if you'd like :pint:
Jessica and Jetson
Cooper
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a Dutch Shepherd
Location: Toronto

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Cooper »

Photos.. Yeah sure. I was told dad was Personal Protection Dog, Mom was trained as a drug dog. Well that's what he said.. Dad was more of a "blonde" colour, mom was very dark and very bushy...

The guy I got daisy off of wasn't the usual official kind of breeder. And the price he gave me for her I wasn't complaining.

How big is Jetson ?
Pass the dutchie, on the left handside !

Cooper..Is my lastname
User avatar
Lavish
Just Whelped
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm
Tell us about yourself: (Animal) Crazy people of the north ;)

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Lavish »

Yup :) Same litter, father is a super serious dog with very pale brindling and dark red coat, mother is a very silly/extroverted girl. Jetson's about 55lbs now, his sister prob around 60 and very much resembles the sire (except for being a nut bar). Breeder is an interesting guy, lol I really enjoyed spending time speaking with him and seeing some of his dogs.
Jessica and Jetson
User avatar
Choochi
Training Dog
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:16 pm
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Choochi »

It seems there are a few shady Dutchie breeders around the Hamilton area.

Do you go to the offleash at Sunnybrook? Some one told me they saw a Dutchie there and I just thought to myself, ya ya sure sure... :)
Choochi
Cooper
Just Whelped
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a Dutch Shepherd
Location: Toronto

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Cooper »

Lavish-I think Daisy has a lot of her mom (zoey- i'd take her home anyday when I say her I wanted to take her too.) in her just because she is nuts. Daisy is only 42lbs. She was definately the runt of the litter and she got really sick for the first 3 months. I think she was on every kind of med available to dogs.

Choochi- Yes I go to Sunnybrook park almost every other day. rain or shine.
Pass the dutchie, on the left handside !

Cooper..Is my lastname
User avatar
Marjolein
Working Dog
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)
Location: Warbeyen, Germany
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Marjolein »

Welcome :dslook:
Image
Post Reply