Page 1 of 1

Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:15 pm
by cake73
Greetings from MA! We adopted Kaya (on the right) via Petfinder; she came from CT. In Jan 2006, we adopted Marley (on the left) via NADSR in Feb 2008; he came from CA. Kaya tends to be active but anxious in new situations and Marley tends to nap. For Kaya, there is no life without tugging. :mrgreen: They're both about 60 pounds and are very food-motivated.

Image

We love visiting with our friends, Ellen & Mike, on Cape Cod. They have two dogs, Skyla (middle-top) and Hanzee (a DSx, middle-bottom).

Image


I volunteer for the North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue.
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org/

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:39 pm
by Christie M
Hey Cheryl,
Glad you made it over here. I REALLY like the format of this forum. Obviously it makes it much easier to post visual brags of our dogs !!
Have looked at how to create a signature? It will keep you from having to remember to sign stuff and will allow everyone to know who you are!
I love your avatar picture!!

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:12 am
by cake73
Yeah. I should do the siggy thing. I realized on the drive home that I hadn't signed my post. Y'all don't know who "cake" is! LOL! :D

Going to buy orange bandanas for Kaya and Marley to wear through the weekend...for the Netherlands in the World Cup final. :mrgreen:

(edited to remove siggy redundancy)

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:15 am
by Christie M
cake73 wrote: Going to buy orange bandanas for Kaya and Marley to wear through the weekend...
Ummmm.....am I the only one who was completely befuddled why you would want your dogs to wear orange BANANAS?

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:26 am
by cake73
banDanas. do-rags. :lol:

(they would totally eat the bananas)

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:51 am
by Christie M
Yeah, I figured it out. I guess I'm just warn out from being outsmarted by my dogs all day :o

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 am
by vneerland
Good to see you here, Cheryl!
Great idea about the bandana's too. I have a little 'beessie' sitting on my monitor right now, sent to me by some Dutch friends. Picture a cute orange furry worm, that serves as a 'mascotte' Plus some flags that I should stick on my truck. Dog decorating time. They will hate me! :shock:
:mrgreen:

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 pm
by leih merigian
cake73 wrote:Greetings from MA!
Hi Cheryl!

Glad you came over here...I love this BB format and am hoping we'll reach some critical mass of active members.

Great picture! Love those faces!

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:36 am
by cake73
I haven't posted here very often, at least until we got the calendar vote up for this year, so I thought I'd give this a bump just in case there are some folks out there wondering who this "cake" person is. :D

My dogs are doing well. Last week, Marley got into a room to which he usually doesn't have access and ate an entire box (about 1 pound!) of "sweet potato madness" biscuits. For some reason, he ignored the dried chicken strips! Kaya will be 8 years old in 2011.

Will try to visit here more often. :)

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:02 am
by k9katet
That must mean the sweet potato biscuits are good!

Re: Hello from Massachusetts!

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:14 pm
by Marjolein
aha, now I know who this cake person is :D Good to hear you supported us in the World Cup finals :D But please don't bring up the subject anymore... :( I hate Spain :x :mrgreen: