Zoeys latest training updates.

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Zoeys latest training updates.

Post by borellar15 »

Here’s some clips of things Zoey and I have been working on. Shaped retrieve and her defense of handler position. As well as some photos of her doing bite work. We’ve been working her onto legs rather than bicep bites.

ImageImage
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Zoeys latest training updates.

Post by Tim91118 »

You’re doing a nice job with her
Tim
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Thanks Tim.
Image Image
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Looking good, how old is Zoey now. Jay
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Jay knowles wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 pm Looking good, how old is Zoey now. Jay
She just turned 2 on Friday
Image Image
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

You two have worked really hard.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

ladyjubilee wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:47 am You two have worked really hard.
We sure have! Thank you! We’ve got a special bond and we understand each other... most of the time... :lol:
Image Image
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Cool!!!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Yesterday we were able to add a jump to the retrieve!

Image Image
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Do you use the clicker for all of your training ?
Tim
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

I usually do but when I don’t have it or if I’ve just got too much stuff in my hands (leash and ball in other) I just use “good” as moment marker and “yes” as release/reward marker
Image Image